Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Cypress Harbour?

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
We are going in October and staying at the Marriott Cypress Harbour, 2/bdrm, 2/bath condo. Just curious to see if anyone else has stayed there recently and if you have, which building you were in and if you had any suggestions.

I know someone out there has answers to my questions.

Thanks.

TTFN,
Maria

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I just stayed there recently, only one night though. We had a two bedroom, two bath and it was very nice. The pools are lovely, and they have lots of activities for the kids of all ages. I can't help you with buildings, but we were in one that was one of the furthest from everything. It is very nice, a place I would go back to.

My Mom, DD, and I stayed there end of last summer---I can't remember which building we were in, but it was one of the ones furthest away from where you check in.
The only "bad" thing about it was when I was unloading the car (we got in very late at night), I had a close encounter with a group of raccoons raiding one of the garbage cans near the parking lot. No one was hurt but it startled me because the little stinkers waited until I had already walked past them to jump out of the can and tip it over---I must've jumped a good 6 feet!
The place we had was a 2 BR, 2 BA---HUGE. We were able to see the MK fireworks from our balcony too. This was our first experience staying in a condo/villa type resort and we really enjoyed it. We would stay there for our upcoming trip if we could afford it but unfortunately this trip we can't (we paid $125/night last year with AAA discount) since I've just started my own business.
Lots of activities for the children if they're over 4 y.o. Nice pools--DD loved swimming in a pool that had a statue of Shamu!
Foodwise----we tried their pizza parlor one time and it was ok. Rest of time we either ate out or cooked at the condo. If you have to buy groceries, go to a grocery store--their onsite store was way too expensive.

stayed 8 days at Cypress Harbour. The first 7 nights were through an II exchange from a friend and the last we paid for.

What I liked....

The grounds are beautiful - gorgeous really!!! Very well stocked Marketplace with reasonable prices. Pools were fantastic (well maybe not the tiny one by the Activity center - teeny, tiny). Activity center very well maintained - bright, cheery, and they had lots of activities for the kids although we didnt take advantage of any of the due to being in the parks. We rented small motorized pontoon boats one day and paddle boats another day. THey have a huge chess set outside for the kids to play with (although they wanted to play like Harry Potter....did you see the movie - lol). Cute, smallish arcade, good looking exercise center (didnt use it). Poolside bar, pizza hut on property. Lost and found very good (lost 2 pairs of flip flops and DD left her eyeglasses at the pool).

What I didnt like...

No A/C one night (caveat here - I liked that they had it fixed within an hour!!!) One sink's plug stayed down when used so it wouldn't drain. Screening on the porch wasn't nailed down on one side. Rug definitely needed to be replaced. Large white stain the size of a plate on the couch - yuck! 4 sets of blinds did not work properly...once they were closed you couldn't open them..some couldn't be pulled up I think the strings were broken. TV in the master bedroom was small and had terrible reception sometimes...we had to fiddle with the cable wire and move the TV around. Only 2 out of 3 remotes worked right. I slept on the couch the first night since we had Orlando friends over until very late and I put my son to sleep in my bed and boy was it uncomfortable....he didn't complain about it though so I didnt call the front desk about it. That is the one thing I would have called about even though others may think I should have requested another unit.

We really liked it very much and would stay there again regardless of what I didnt like.....my husband thinks I'm crazy to complain about the above stuff....and I probably shouldn't - it's just that I expected a Marriott to be perfect.

I had read on another board that a refurbished unit should be requested so they probably put us in an unrefurbished unit as I didn't make the request.

Please feel free to ask more questions.

Vellamint, if you dont mind me asking, what did they charge you for the addl night? We are going in Oct thru an II exchange also and need to tack on an extra night at the end. Did you have to book in advance?

Thanks

posguy - I do not mind at all - it was $160 for the last night - my friend arranged it when he booked the week for us. I did also see that same $ amount on the MVCI website as a %25 off discount. Coincidentally I was looking last night at the MVCI website (for a future trip maybe) and noted the price was now $179 with the discount (not positive but almost positive).

And we did get maid service that last day/night as it was a regular reservation and not the timeshare reservation....that was nice!

Also I would like to note that the location was wonderful.....Seaworld literally around the block, Universal about 15 minutes away (took the highway because I was afraid of getting lost)....but the best was Disney!!!! 10 minutes on roads that had absolutely no traffic at all. Outlet stores 3 minutes away, Publix supermarket 2 minutes away. Nothing like the International Drive area.....secluded almost. Great, Great Location!!!

Vellamint -

We are staying at Cyrpess Harbour from October 11-18 and purchased an extra night at the rate of $160 also. We had to go through Marriott for that, not the timeshare people. The original offer with MVC was for 5 days/4 nights. We extended our stay to 7 days/6 nights plus the extra night through Marriott for an additional $160. We were referred by friends of ours that own a timeshare at Cypress Harbour.

What building did you stay in? I requested and upper floor near the clubhouse pool. Buildings 50-55. Probably won't get what I requested, but what the hay!!

Now, according to your post, you DID NOT have Housekeeping service until the last night. From the paperwork that I received from MVC, there is what they call "daily tidy service". It includes bathrooms cleaned, towels replaced, trash empited, villa vacuumed and beds made with existing linens. For a nomial fee, you may request full-clean service which includes all previous plus linens to be changed. Did you have any service for the rest of the week?

Another question, if you don't mind. How did you find the Publix? Did they tell you at Marriott, or did you find it on your own? And, what roads did you take to get the MK? You said roads that had absolutely no traffic. Nothing like I-Drive. Did you come from the airport? If so, how long did it take you to get to Cypress Harbour from there?

No more questions right now. Thanks a ton for all your help, everyone.

Posguy -

When are you going in October?

Thanks.
Maria

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We are checking in Oct 3rd. Have to have the kids back in school Oct 14th. Thats why we would kike to extend a day or two. We have stayed at Marriotts Grand Vista which is right on I Drive across the street kinda to Cypress H. To get to Publix, head North on I Drive and it should be to the right (East) (Firestone Tires on corner I believe). To Disney, head South on I Drive, right on 535 I think. Follow signs thru Downtown Disney. Very uncrowded streets when we went in Nov 2001 too. A quick ride. On a timeshare exchange, housekeeping is extra. Thats why vellamint got it only the last day.

posguy - Thanks for getting back so fast.

I originally wanted to stay at Grande Vista. As a matter of fact, that's where we originally booked, but was informed later that the 2/bdrm units are being refurbished at the time that we are going.

Thanks for the info about the housekeeping. Makes me feel better.

TTFN,
Maria

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Tigger, it took about 30 minutes from the airport....we had room 5316 which was the next building over from the clubhouse which was great!!!! First floor, corner unit so we had an extra side window. We passed the Publix on the way....passed while driving on International Drive South (I think it was south but it was definitely not the "touristy" part of it).

Do any of you know how hard it would be to get a 3 bedroom at Grand Vista? My friend owns with INterval INternational and traded into Cypress Harbour and I in turn rented it from him. I was wondering if it was really hard to get the 3 bedroom as I was thinking of asking him to try for that one for us for next time. Is it going to "cost" him more for more bedrooms or something (I really don't understand the whole timeshare thing as I only rent his from him). Is it even possible or does it depend on the size of the "home" resort? I don't want to take advantage of him in any way by asking him.

Hi Vellamint,

I requested a top floor just basically because I have stayed on vacation on the first or second floor and had to deal with the noise from on top of us. How was the noise level on the first floor? I doubt if I will be able to get a corner unit, according to Marriott, the owner was staying there? Right?

Did you use the pools at the resort? Building 56 is right there. You must've had a great time. I can't wait. 34 more days. I'm getting sooo excited.

Thanks for your response.

TTFN,
Maria:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I didn't notice any noise above us until closer to the weekend (Labor Day). I DO remember thinking to myself that there must not have been anyone above us for most of the week!! The corner unit was given to us and we are not owners...

The pools were great!!!

I am using my Son's time share at Cypress Harbour. We have a 2 bedroom villa reserved in early December. I was under the impression that all of the units have been refurbished recently. How do you request a specific unit? At time of check in or before.

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter