Has Anyone Stayed at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa?

mjaclyn

Currently in Wonderland
My family and I usually stay on property at Disney, but we recently saw a deal through Jetblue that was too good to pass up. They were offering a Kids Fly & Stay Free special so we booked the four of us at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa for 5 nights. The total was $1065 for the room and flights for the four of us from New York. If we had booked separately that wouldn't have even covered the flights for four people, so I think we got a really good deal. I'm very interested to hear what anyone has to say about these accommodations. We have never stayed here and are renting a car. Any tips on a good room location to request? (not sure they'll honor it since we didn't book through them) Anything to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

We stayed there last summer. I was happy with it. Our room wasn't fancy (2 bdrm) but it was clean and practical. Our room was over by the little convenience store and restaurant -- so across the street from the pool. No noteworthy view but the location was quiet.

We are staying there this year in April. The reviews on Trip Advisor are pretty good. You get a better mix of "non-Disney" experts who are not expecting full service there. I feel confident in our choice. We needed the room as we are traveling with 3 families, we have 3 separate 3 bedroom condos... missed that kids fly free package though, way to go!

We stayed there last March for 1 week. It was a wonderful and clean 2 bedroom "aruba" with views of Disney from balcony. We usually stay on Disney property, but needed extra room and it was a very good alternative. When I booked the room, I paid extra for the Disney view. When checking in they did not have that in their computer. Showed them our paper printout, and they made it right with us. So, just make sure to print out your confirmations to avoid any surprises.
The room had two full size beds in one end with its own bathroom. In the middle was the kitchen, living room, and dining room. At the other end was the master suite with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and bathroom. The room had a full kitchen with all utensils, plates, pots, pans, appliances, microwave, coffee maker, stove, refrigerator. There was a stackable washer and dryer next to the kitchen hidden in a closet with a few packs of detergent. It was nice to have all of these features. The view from the balcony was farther than what I imagined it to be, but we watched the illuminations, and fantasmic fireworks each night. You can see the character balloon at DTD from the balcony as well.
The only really bad thing was the parking. If you were coming back in the evening there was very little parking available. But we got creative and made our own spots :-)
I would not hesitate to stay there again. I love being in Disney, but it is also nice to take a breather from it sometimes to see other attractions like Cape Canaveral, Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens and just drive down the beach!:thumbsup2

My family and I usually stay on property at Disney, but we recently saw a deal through Jetblue that was too good to pass up. They were offering a Kids Fly & Stay Free special so we booked the four of us at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa for 5 nights. The total was $1065 for the room and flights for the four of us from New York. If we had booked separately that wouldn't have even covered the flights for four people, so I think we got a really good deal. I'm very interested to hear what anyone has to say about these accommodations. We have never stayed here and are renting a car. Any tips on a good room location to request? (not sure they'll honor it since we didn't book through them) Anything to avoid?

Thanks in advance!
You will need to rent a car. Otherwise you will have a very hard time getting around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter