has anyone spent the before their cruise at a WDW resort?

Before moving to Florida, I would not have been able to be that close to Disney and NOT stay within her borders - even if I could only tour the resorts and Downtown Disney. Now that I live within an hour of the "World" - I can't go more than 3 weeks or so without a stroll down Main Street USA.
Unless you have your heart set upon Palo and Spa ressies, arriving at the Port between 12:30 and 1:00 is absolutely fine.

Enjoy,
Dawn Hope

We are coming from Caribean Beach Resort and I'm not sure what time the bus picks us up and what time we will get to the terminal. Is it really crowded when they do start letting people on the bus? Maybe it would be better to arive a little later so some of the crowd has cleared out. We have no interest in Palo or the Spa so don't need to rush there.

Our last cruise we took the DCL bus from WL to the terminal. Our bus came to WL first and then we had to stop at CBR and pick more people up. The bus was crowded and a few families weren't able to sit together. We didn't get to the terminal until around 1:00pm. Most of the crowd had already boarded the ship but we still had to wait in line for a little while. After the cruise, we waited in line almost 2 hours to get onto the bus to take us to the airport. It was very hot and my kids were miserable. If you have an early flight, I would not risk it. There were many people who had to leave the line and hail a cab to the airport so they wouldn't miss their flights. They weren't happy, especially since they had already paid for the DCL transportation. I don't think we will take the DCL bus again.

We used the Disney transportation from WDW before and would never do it again because you end up getting to Port too late in the afternoon. We use HappyLimo. In fact, depending on how many people you have in your sailing party, the cost of transfers can be more expensive than hiring someone to drive you all there and back. Of course, there is also a rental car, but I personally don't want to be driving on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter