Has anyone sold on Etsy??

2thfairy

Mouseketeer
I make scarfs for fun and was wanting to start selling them to earn some extra cash. I have heard of Etsy but not sure if that is the route to go or not. There seems to be ton of items on there and not sure how many people actually buy from there. Has anyone had any experience with them???
Thanks so much
Melinda

I've never sold on Etsy (not crafty at all), but I have purchased several things and absolutely love :love: looking through all the things!

I'm sorry I can't give any selling advice, beyond using every marketing tool you can think of (Facebook, Twitter, email signatures, etc), but people do buy from there!

Good luck!

I buy custom clothing for my daughter on Etsy, and I love browsing whats on there! I know it doesn't answer your question but I wanted to let you know I at least buy on there!

I buy there! And I have only had great experiences. No experience selling though. I will say tagging your item with the proper buzz words helps when people search etsy. Example there are over 5000 scarves on etsy- be specific in what you are making. I always buy the way quirky stuff.

I bought a Lilo dress for dd on Etsy! But, seller was very pushy/ almost rude!:scared1: I did not leave feedback, but she sccared me off from Etsy!v :scared1:I don't think I will go back!:eek:

I sell on etsy. I do embroidery and childrens wear. It's slow. You have to list at just the right times because if not your items will get buried deep within etsy. I really like etsy, because it is really easy to use, the listings stay on there a long time and it's inexpensive. My business usually picks up on there starting about now through Christmas. I use facebook with etsy, too. The forums on etsy are helpful, too.

elizabeth

thanks for the replies. I love to look thru Etsy every now and then but not sure if it's the best place to sell things. Seems so overwhelming. Is there any other places online to sell items that are successful.
Thanks for the help
Melinda

I also love looking through Etsy! People have such cool,unique items for sale! I would imagine as a previous person said on here,that from now thru christmas would be the best time to sell.

I love etsy! I'm only having trouble w/ one seller, but that seems to be the exception not the rule. I usually try to buy handmade before store bought on things for the kiddos. I'd say give it a shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter