Has anyone sent their kids to the Sandcastle Club at Yacht Club Resort?

PrincessFan0809

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I have reservations in August for my kids to stay at the Sandcastle Club while me and DH go to Shula's. My kids will be 5 and 4 at that time. I was just wondering if anyone has any information about it and if they have experience using this service.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice!

Haven't been yet, but are going to use it in May. If you want to send me a PM reminder, I will send our experiences when we get back!!!

It's been years since we used it, but I can tell you that my kids loved it when they went.

When we checked in, they "ordered" their dinner (filled out the slip) they played video games, watched movies, made crafts (still have those put away in a box) I'm not sure what else they did, but I remember they were so disappointed when we came back to pick them up :laughing:

We just used the Sandcastle Club for the first time this past October although we had many stays at both BC and YC before. I was always a little afraid to leave my son for some reason. Well boy was I wrong. We had decided to try one night and if he was good with it then we would do another night during the same trip. After the first night, he was begging to go back. I thought he would be upset with us leaving and doing things without him. LOL!! When we asked him if he wanted to go back the second night, he was more excited about that than anything he had done the whole time we were there! He is 6 years old. They give you a pager in case your child needs you. They take their food order for the evening before you leave and on the second night we had a late night and he and another boy were watching Disney movies with a blanket and pillow on the floor with the lights turned down. It was really cute. He really loved being there and has asked if he can go back when we return.

It has been about 3 years since we last used it but my kids loved it. DS didn't want to go so we went and visited a couple of days before they were scheduled to be there so that he could see it. Well after a few minutes he loved it so much he asked to stay that night too

Another option is the kids club at the Dolphin, it used to be free if you were eating at Shula or Blue Zoo as long as you bring your receipt when you pick up the kids. Not sure if they still offer that but if you want them closer to you that may be an option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter