Has anyone seen themselves in posted photos?

cjnix29

DIS Veteran
I always wonder, with all the pictures posted on here, if anyone has actually seen themselves in the background of anyone's pictures?

No, but someone once posted a link to a newscast of a couple who had been married for years and was looking through old pics of the wife's family on their WDW trip when she was a little girl, and the husband noticed in the background of one, his Dad pushing a stroller with him in it! Neat, huh?!

No, but someone once posted a link to a newscast of a couple who had been married for years and was looking through old pics of the wife's family on their WDW trip when she was a little girl, and the husband noticed in the background of one, his Dad pushing a stroller with him in it! Neat, huh?!

That's awesome!!

In our living room is a picture of me, DH, DD and DS standing in front of the hat in HS. There's us and ... "That Guy" in the background. Everyone who visits will always ask, "Who's That Guy?" :)

I can't remember the name of the thread or the posters, but I was reading a Trip Report in which the OP posted a photo of a family he didn't know with (IIRC) Mary Poppins, and someone else came in and said it was their family, and another DISer had recognized them in the photo.

This sort of happened to us this year.... DS and I went to Star Wars Weekend and he ended up being in the parade as a Jedi in Training. I wasn't able to get any pictures of him because I had to walk in the parade with him (but not near him) and we had no one in the crowd to catch him going by. Was really bummed that we didn't have any pictures of that cool experience.

However, I did know a DISer was there the same time as us (but she didn't know who DS was). I asked her on here after our trip if she had taken any pics from the parade. She had. And sure enough, DS was in a picture - in fact, he happened to be looking right at her camera! :cool1:

This sort of happened to us this year.... DS and I went to Star Wars Weekend and he ended up being in the parade as a Jedi in Training. I wasn't able to get any pictures of him because I had to walk in the parade with him (but not near him) and we had no one in the crowd to catch him going by. Was really bummed that we didn't have any pictures of that cool experience.

However, I did know a DISer was there the same time as us (but she didn't know who DS was). I asked her on here after our trip if she had taken any pics from the parade. She had. And sure enough, DS was in a picture - in fact, he happened to be looking right at her camera! :cool1:

Wow, that's some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

I can't remember the name of the thread or the posters, but I was reading a Trip Report in which the OP posted a photo of a family he didn't know with (IIRC) Mary Poppins, and someone else came in and said it was their family, and another DISer had recognized them in the photo.

Yes! I think this was a wish tripper! :)

And we had a great experience with this last year...someone had taken pictures of us when we were opening the MK and several people had taken pictures...so lots of DISers sent us pictures! It was fun.

The DIS rocks.

So cool. It gave me goose bumps.

I have always thought about this situation though, and I really like reading peoples trip reports who were at the world the same time as us.

There is a whole thread over on the Theme Park Community Board with people posting photos of their trip. You check to see if you are in the photo.

I still have the MK opening ceremony on Oct.4 2009, if it was anyone on the DisBoards family or friends. I noticed there was a photopass photographer taking photos. I wanted to find out if the family wanted my e-mail address or phone # to get a copy, but by the time I got my niece and the stroller, he was gone in the crowd of people.

There is a whole thread over on the Theme Park Community Board with people posting photos of their trip. You check to see if you are in the photo.

I still have the MK opening ceremony on Oct.4 2009, if it was anyone on the DisBoards family or friends. I noticed there was a photopass photographer taking photos. I wanted to find out if the family wanted my e-mail address or phone # to get a copy, but by the time I got my niece and the stroller, he was gone in the crowd of people.

Here is the link to the thread that you mentioned above...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1828742.

Having been a cast member at the Backlot Tour Water tank at DHS (MGM back then), I'd always hoped to see myself in action in a pic, but haven't yet!

I think it would be more likely now days to see yourself in a pic then it would from "back then" because of digital photography. People are taking more pictures and they are posting them all over the internet.

I want to see myself posted in some photos. Hopefully this time around someone will catch me in one:cool1:

I'm in one that has my fiance's grandparents in the background....about 15 or so years before I met her :)

I heard that story on the news. Really neat. It really is a "small world after all." :lmao:

I am quite sure that is not the first time you heard that one.:upsidedow

I somehow made it onto the home page of WDW's website - that's me on the left (taken May of '09):

me_at_mk_in5-09_7-10wdwsite.jpg

I was looking through one time and saw my son and brother at the AKL food court in the background of someones picture.

Not on here, which is probably a good thing :lmao: One year we were on a picture they put up in Epcot though. We were first to get our picture taken in the gift shop after the Figment ride. The guy there asked if we could be the family they post up on the wall as an example for the day...

I had heard from a friend about the news story about the so to be married couple who were in the background of each others photos as toddlers. Does anyone have the link to this news story. I was walking around disneyland with my friend when she told me and I thought it was the coolest story. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter