Has anyone seen the turkeys?

Rebeltinkle

Mouseketeer
:Pinkbounc My family has seen beautiful full grown turkeys along the grassy areas next to the road as you drive to the Magic Kingdom parking area. We are always amazed to see them in a natural setting, we don't have them in our urban area in Illinois. I will resist making any comments on the turkey legs sold in FrontierLand. :Pinkbounc

Our family owns a home in Kissimmee which backs up to a nature preserve. We frequently see these turkeys there. They are pretty nice looking birds, aren't they!

Ann:earsgirl:

I had to read this post because I thought it had something to do with the smoked turkey legs...

However, I noticed you're from IL. I am too. But unlike you I live in a rural area and always see turkeys. We have a bunch (don't know what you call a group of turkeys) of them who visit our yard a couple of times a week. I still love seeing them though.

I see them all the time when I play the Magnolia, Palm, or Oak Trail golf courses. They are beautiful but it does make you re-think those turkey legs :)

Maybe those are the lucky ones that escaped from the Turkey Leg processing plant! haha sorry I couldn't resist!

We have seen them several times at Disney going to and from the Poly along the road. We are also in Illinois, but down here near the Shawnee forest, we see turkeys quite frequently. Most people would call a group of turkeys a "gaggle of turkeys" but when I googled gaggle, I read that a group of turkeys is called a "rafter". uh, huh. Not that anyone ever uses that IRL, lol. At least, not around here. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter