Has anyone seen the new Disney LEGO minifigures at the LEGO store in DTD?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
lego-disney-minifigures-wide.jpg

Has anyone seen these guys (I believe they are sold in the "blind" packaging) at the LEGO store lately? Some people seem to have found them at local Targets recently, but I did a quick breeze through mine over the weekend and didn't find any. We are going to DLR this weekend, so I wanted to know if I should spend time going to the LEGO store or nah.

TIA!

A commenter on disneyparksbl pig says they are available anywhere Lego figures are sold. So an Lego store, target, Walmart, toys r us, etc... They come in hidden bags.

Last edited:
The Parks Blog post indicated that the official release date is May 1 "at a variety of retailers". The LEGO press release said they will be "widely available for purchase in all major toy retailers, as well as at shop.LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores nationwide in May". There have been some reports that some Targets and Wal-Marts have already put them out on their shelves. The blog posting also mentioned WoD and the LEGO shop at Disney Springs, but I would guess the same would go for Disneyland (WoD and the LEGO shop in DTD). Shop.Lego.com has them available for mail order starting on the 1st as well.

I'm going to be going to DTD on May 1st before we leave! I think I'll stop in to see if they're in stock!

...Some people seem to have found them at local Targets recently, but I did a quick breeze through mine over the weekend and didn't find any...
If you can find the DCPI number (Target inventory number), sites like BrickSeek will save you a trip.
It seems BrickSeek was developed to find Lego, but works with all items.

I did a quick look around for the DCPI for the Disney Minifigures, but it looks like the code might not be unique to a specific item. The most common DCPI for Target I found was "204001379", but it also comes up other Minifigure series. From another Lego stocking site, it sounds like Target lumps the mystery Minifigures into a single DCPI number, so it's something to keep in mind if you use the DCPI to check stock at your local Target. Sigh...I was so excited when I saw my local Target had 250 in stock...sigh...that explains why I didn't see any of the Disney ones!

I did a quick look around for the DCPI for the Disney Minifigures, but it looks like the code might not be unique to a specific item. The most common DCPI for Target I found was "204001379", but it also comes up other Minifigure series. From another Lego stocking site, it sounds like Target lumps the mystery Minifigures into a single DCPI number, so it's something to keep in mind if you use the DCPI to check stock at your local Target. Sigh...I was so excited when I saw my local Target had 250 in stock...sigh...that explains why I didn't see any of the Disney ones!
Yes, they started using the same DCPI for the minifig blind bags with series 13 last year. It's so frustrating to not really know what you will find when going to a store that shows the item in stock. About the only thing you can do is try and keep track of inventory numbers each time you check. If the numbers go up, particularly if in approximate increments of 60, then chances are they have gotten some in (they come in boxes of 60).

I'm going to be going to DTD on May 1st before we leave! I think I'll stop in to see if they're in stock!
Make sure to get there early. The ones that Target has put out early have gone very quickly, so I expect the same when the Lego Store puts theirs out Sunday. With this series you have two different sets of collectors interested (Lego and Disney), so I would think demand will be quite high. Good luck!

Make sure to get there early. The ones that Target has put out early have gone very quickly, so I expect the same when the Lego Store puts theirs out Sunday. With this series you have two different sets of collectors interested (Lego and Disney), so I would think demand will be quite high. Good luck!

Thanks! We'll probably be there by about 11am, so I hope that's early enough, or else I can wait. I'm not a hardcore LEGO collector, but I think these are pretty darn cute, so.

Hopefully everyone had good luck finding the Disney LEGO minifigures at their local stores!

For those that aren't hoping for a specific character, the DisneyStore.com has they available.
http://www.disneystore.com/lego-disney-minifigures-1-1/2-figure/mp/1404977/1014307/

On a side note, while I was trying to guess which characters were in the package (it was very hard for some of the characters!), another shopper explained something called Lego bump codes to me. I looked them up (try Googling "Lego Disney Minifigure Bump Codes") and then matched them to the packages I bought. For the most part, it did work! There were a few packages where I couldn't see the code or the code looks like it got cut-off, but otherwise, it's a good way to try and confirm which character is in a given package.

I was at the LEGO store in DTD about 11:20 yesterday morning and it was a zoo! At that point, they had plenty of figures, but most people were feelin' 'em up and buying them, lol. I got 5, two Alices, two Peter Pans, and an Ariel. It is very hard to figure out what is in the package, imo, but I'm a newbie at this. At any rate, it was fun and I'll probably buy a few more before it's over, ha.

I also found these much harder to identify than, say, the Tsum Tsum blind bags. So many of them had tiny parts! I ended up finding all of the ones I wanted, with only one "mistake". I got Stitch, Alien, Cheshire, Hook, Ursula, Ariel, Buzz, Mickey, and Maleficent. I can imagine what a zoo the DTD Lego store must have been like! I went to my local Lego store in the afternoon and while not a zoo, it was still pretty busy. It was interesting to watch folks; some were like me, carefully feeling each package trying to find a specific character, others just grabbed a handful of packets and left. I only overheard one person who wanted to buy a whole, unopened box (the store didn't have any left).

Yes! The parts are SO small! I actually opened mine and put them together on the drive home while my husband was driving yesterday and I lost one of the Alice's heads under my car seat and, alas, she had to remain headless until we got home.

The people watching while we were waiting in line at the DTD LEGO store was superb. Some people were super serious about it, ha. Outside in front of the store, several people had opened up their packages and put them together and were trading their duplicates with other people.

Yes! The parts are SO small! I actually opened mine and put them together on the drive home while my husband was driving yesterday and I lost one of the Alice's heads under my car seat and, alas, she had to remain headless until we got home.
Poor headless Alice...:rotfl:...well, you could pretend she met the Queen of Hearts...

Outside in front of the store, several people had opened up their packages and put them together and were trading their duplicates with other people.
That sounds like fun! Hopefully it means most folks got the ones they wanted in the end.

I know this series just came out, but I wonder if there will be a second series at some point. My family noticed that while there was Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy, there wasn't a Goofy or Pluto. Most of the characters were a pair (e.g Alice and the Cheshire Cat, Buzz and the Alien, Ariel and Ursula, Hook and Peter Pan, Aladdin and the Genie, Mr. Incredible and Syndrome, ), but Stitch and Maleficent were alone. Here's hoping for a Lilo and Princess Aurora some day!

Poor headless Alice...:rotfl:...well, you could pretend she met the Queen of Hearts...

That sounds like fun! Hopefully it means most folks got the ones they wanted in the end.

I know this series just came out, but I wonder if there will be a second series at some point. My family noticed that while there was Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy, there wasn't a Goofy or Pluto. Most of the characters were a pair (e.g Alice and the Cheshire Cat, Buzz and the Alien, Ariel and Ursula, Hook and Peter Pan, Aladdin and the Genie, Mr. Incredible and Syndrome, ), but Stitch and Maleficent were alone. Here's hoping for a Lilo and Princess Aurora some day!

I think they'd be silly not to do another series. They were obviously very popular on day 1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter