Has anyone seen Tales of Despereaux movie?

Ladyw/theTramp

DIS Veteran
I know it's animated... but is it appropriate for kids..? I've heard mixed reviews... I have a 7 and 8 year old

Thanks!

My DD (10) and DS (5) liked it. Not as much as Bolt or recent others, but liked it.

My DD had read the book and was a little put off that there were a lot of changes, but said it was pretty good.

My DS got restless towards the end as it did drag a bit, and some of the plot was a little adult for him. It wasn't too violent, just a lot of points he didn't quite follow.

It wasn't as bad as Delgo that we made the mistake of seeing. Yikes!!

My husband took our DD5 to it and she does not like new things...we had to convince her that it would be lots of fun. We told her she could have popcorn and she said she might get thirsty. So we said she could have Sprite but she said she likes water better. We told her they have water and that she could have ice cream, to which she replied I might get brain freeze....:rotfl: But she finally agreed to go and really liked the movie! HTH!

took dd5-1/2 the other day. It has beautiful animation but the story is, eh. Not so great. dd restless for last 1/2 hour -it kind of drags. I thought we should have waited for video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter