Has Anyone Seen Rosie At Disney's Hollywood Studios?

CDizney

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

For those Disney buffs out there who would remmber, does anyone know what happened to "Rosie" at H.Studios? Before, she was a well known comedic character at MGM but had stroke about 2 or so years ago. I heard she made it back to work but I've never seen her since her incident. I was wondering if she ever made it back to work at the Studios and where she can be found these days?

Rosie was there in April and also last August when we were there. I'm not sure if she is the same woman you would have seen a couple of years ago. Still on Sunset Blvd. and still hilarious.

We just came home :sad2: last week and yes Rosie is still there. I don't remember what day we went into the park but she is def. there.

:santa: :santa: BWV 2 Bedrooom Dec. 2 to 16 :banana: :cheer2:

I saw her just a couple of weeks ago (I want to say on June 3rd or 4th). Don't know if Rosie is the "same" Rosie, but she was hilarious.

Thank everyone for the update! I'm so glad to hear that "Rosie" is still around. What type of character was she playing when you saw her last or was she doing something else like working as a regular CM?

I really like her and I was watching out for her in March but never saw her. Sure hope she is ok.

She put some big red lips on my DH cheek. :rotfl:
Great pic

She's a doll --- I just love Rosie!! I saw her yesterday afternoon, heading onto Sunset.

She just cracks me up. I love watching her pose for pictures with families -- she hollers out CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEEEE -- so funny!! :rotfl:

I have never seen Rosie or any of the players at DHS for that matter. When do they come out?

She's a doll --- I just love Rosie!! I saw her yesterday afternoon, heading onto Sunset.

She just cracks me up. I love watching her pose for pictures with families -- she hollers out CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZEEEEEE -- so funny!! :rotfl:

So happy to hear this. Heard she was very ill. Hope we can catch up with her in March. She is such a riot!

Our interactions with Rosie are some of our favorite WDW memories.
The thought of her brings smiles to our faces!
We wish her well, glad to hear she's bringing more laughs and smiles to everyone!:)

I have never seen Rosie or any of the players at DHS for that matter. When do they come out?

Those are the Citizens of Hollywood (COH) street performers and they are hilarious! There are many different Citizens who perform skits and funny antics through the day at DHS. The specific schedule is not usually available, even from Guest Relations, but one or more groups of Citizens normally perform every hour from around 10am to maybe 6-7pm or so. Each performance lasts 25-30 minutes typically. As far as I know all COH shows take place on Hollywood Blvd. or nearby Sunset Blvd.

The COH appearances alternate with High School Musical shows - the
HSM is too noisy to allow much else to go on in the area.

There is a break in COH performances for the Block Party bash although many Citizens usually entertain the crowd on Hollywood Blvd. waiting for BPB to begin.

A typical schedule might be something like this:

9am Park opening - COH Folks Do Crowd Welcome and Countdown -
"Lights, Camera, Action!"
10:30am - First Regular COH Appearance
11:30am
12:30pm
1:30pm
2:30pm - most COH folks on Hollywood Blvd., individually entertaining
people waiting for Block Party Bash, but on more than one occasion I
saw COH folks do a "normal" performance on Sunset Boulevard at 2:30pm.
4:00pm
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm(?)

This will vary depending on park hours or who knows what - everything at Disney is subject to change.

To summarize -

When the High School Musical show ends, a COH show (or shows) should begin shortly afterward. If you see a COH show ending, another show will likely begin in 1/2 hour.

The COH are a hidden treasure of WDW. They are always entertaining, and frequently hilarious. We normally spend a few hours each day of our visit just watching COH shows. The only kicker is how to fill the 1/2 hour between shows.

Please take the time to watch - you won't regret it!

Thank you, DenverDave, for the explanatiion. So, it seems like they are around virtually all the time. I'm not sure how DH and I managed to miss them. I had heard of them before we went and kept an eye out but never tried to track them down. I'm glad to hear that they are really great because DHS is our least favourite park. Now we'll have a reason to go back for sure.

You're right about finding the times for their performances. Not even Steve Soares site has any info on that.

Just saw her over the 4th of July weekend, and yes it's the same Rosie.

The only kicker is how to fill the 1/2 hour between shows.

Single riders line at Toy Story Mania :thumbsup2

Thank you, DenverDave, for the explanatiion. So, it seems like they are around virtually all the time. I'm not sure how DH and I managed to miss them. I had heard of them before we went and kept an eye out but never tried to track them down. I'm glad to hear that they are really great because DHS is our least favourite park. Now we'll have a reason to go back for sure.

You're right about finding the times for their performances. Not even Steve Soares site has any info on that.

Glad to help! Just a couple more tips - once you've figured out if the COH are performing on the hour or half hour, the best strategy is to hang out at the appropriate time at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Sunset - right by the information booth and ice cream wagon. That will give you a view of both streets so you can see which Citizens may be showing up where. I have seen as many as 4 performances occur at the same time but more often it's two and sometimes just one. Once in a long while no one shows up - just the luck of the draw.

Once you've seen the COH several times you will likely develop favorite performers and want to see them again. If you ask they'll tell you when they'll be back. And don't be afraid to ask for autographs or to have your photo taken with them - they are very friendly.

Have fun!!

The only time I ran into Rosie was January 2007, the others were heading to Beauty and Beast while I ran to get a coffee. I ran into Rosie trying out her cheerleading with some students. I had my camcorder and she came over to me and gave me a kiss with all that red lipstick. It was soooooo funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter