Has Anyone Seen Lion King?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by sonnyjane, Jul 9, 2011.

1. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

I did a search and was surprised there wasn't more about Lion King on here. I'm going to Vegas next month and already have tickets. Most reviews are really positive but the main con I'm finding is that the show is too long (2.5 hours). That does seem quite long to me, but as I said I bought my tickets already so too late now!

So, anyone here seen it? Is it too long, or will I not notice once it gets going?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jlima

jlima Beep Beep!

You won't notice. Plus, there's an intermission. I saw it on Mother's Day with my family. LOVED it.

4. Nancy F

Nancy F DIS Veteran

I've seen it twice and loved it. Once on Broadway and then when it came to Philly.

5. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

Yay thanks!! I'm so looking forward to it!

6. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

I think it's "too long" by Vegas standards. But it is the full Broadway production rather than the cut down version usually found in Vegas.

7. kmedina

kmedina Loves all things Disney

I have never seen it in Vegas, but I did see it in New York. It is okay. Once was enough for me, which is why I have not ventured over to see the Vegas version.

8. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

We've seen several Broadway shows in Las Vegas, including Chicago, Phantom, and Spamalot. The Las Vegas productions are typically shortened to 90 minutes with no intermission.

I'm not sure if they did the same with the Lion King. We saw it in L.A., so we did not need to see it again in Las Vegas.

Woody

9. bluedevilinaz

bluedevilinaz DIS Veteran

I just saw The Lion King on Monday and it is the full Broadway version and does have a 15 minute intermission between act 1 and 2. It was a great show and I will definitely see it again when I have the money.

10. unfreshdiva1

unfreshdiva1 DIS Veteran

Saw it last year in Vegas and yes it's the full 2 1/2 hour show with 15 min intermission. So glad they did not cut it down to the standard 90 min like they have done to other shows.:cool1:

11. sonnyjane

sonnyjane DIS Veteran

I'll come back and comment on my own thread :)

I saw the Lion King last Thursday night and it was AMAZING. I got a little misty-eyed at the opening because of the awesomeness :) It's closing in December so if anyone is thinking of going, GO! I got a great deal on a free seat upgrade, so I was in the fourth row back on the aisle, which is awesome because they utilize the aisles during the show. Overall it was fantastic and blew me away!

12. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I saw it and it was amazing. The time goes by extremely fast, however you don't want it to end.

13. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

I saw the Lion King twice in L.A., and enjoyed it. Glad to hear they have the full production in L.V., but sad to hear it's closing in December.

Woody

14. StageTek

StageTek It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

I saw it 720 times in L.A.

15. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

I saw it with very good seat, and was underwhelmed. I guess the free show at WDW spoiled me. During the big circle of life productions I realized I didn't like it that much more than in Mickeys Philharmagic.........must be a cretin.