Has Anyone Seen Lion King?

sonnyjane

DIS Veteran
I did a search and was surprised there wasn't more about Lion King on here. I'm going to Vegas next month and already have tickets. Most reviews are really positive but the main con I'm finding is that the show is too long (2.5 hours). That does seem quite long to me, but as I said I bought my tickets already so too late now!

So, anyone here seen it? Is it too long, or will I not notice once it gets going?

You won't notice. Plus, there's an intermission. I saw it on Mother's Day with my family. LOVED it.

I've seen it twice and loved it. Once on Broadway and then when it came to Philly.

I think it's "too long" by Vegas standards. But it is the full Broadway production rather than the cut down version usually found in Vegas.

I have never seen it in Vegas, but I did see it in New York. It is okay. Once was enough for me, which is why I have not ventured over to see the Vegas version.

We've seen several Broadway shows in Las Vegas, including Chicago, Phantom, and Spamalot. The Las Vegas productions are typically shortened to 90 minutes with no intermission.

I'm not sure if they did the same with the Lion King. We saw it in L.A., so we did not need to see it again in Las Vegas.

Woody

I just saw The Lion King on Monday and it is the full Broadway version and does have a 15 minute intermission between act 1 and 2. It was a great show and I will definitely see it again when I have the money.

Saw it last year in Vegas and yes it's the full 2 1/2 hour show with 15 min intermission. So glad they did not cut it down to the standard 90 min like they have done to other shows.:cool1:

I'll come back and comment on my own thread :)

I saw the Lion King last Thursday night and it was AMAZING. I got a little misty-eyed at the opening because of the awesomeness :) It's closing in December so if anyone is thinking of going, GO! I got a great deal on a free seat upgrade, so I was in the fourth row back on the aisle, which is awesome because they utilize the aisles during the show. Overall it was fantastic and blew me away!

I saw it and it was amazing. The time goes by extremely fast, however you don't want it to end.

I saw the Lion King twice in L.A., and enjoyed it. Glad to hear they have the full production in L.V., but sad to hear it's closing in December.

Woody

I saw it with very good seat, and was underwhelmed. I guess the free show at WDW spoiled me. During the big circle of life productions I realized I didn't like it that much more than in Mickeys Philharmagic.........must be a cretin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter