Has anyone seen any photos of the Magic in Drydock 2013?

We will miss you guys, but I must admit, I don't blame ANYONE on that sailing who feels inclined to avoid that date from here on out. That was just way too much. I just can't resist the double dip or the chance to be first aboard the reimagined Magic!

Have you made it to CC since 10/12? If not, you deserve two b2b visits. May you have calm seas and days. :worship:
This is why I wanted to book this sailing. Two chances at CC, as we missed CC on the 10/20/12 Fantasy EC.

Some part of me feels if I book a short Bahama sailing near FL we won't be affected. But I'm smarter than that, and realize more disruptive ship movements occur right there.

That is exactly where we got it last fall. Right off the coast of FL heading north with the current, against the 70 mph winds. eek. Can you say rogue city. lol. See, ruadisneyfan? I'm doing it again. Perhaps I've been more subtle than I thought. It's all good.

Point is I have decided to try stay away/sail away from the Bahamas/FL by booking longer/different sailings. More wiggle room in theory around the storms. In fact I like the idea of flying to Puerto Rico and sailing. This is my new tactic I will approach the family with soon.

Good Luck to ALL

Just because a storm happened on specific cruise date it would not keep me from booking it again in the future. I would have loved to booked 10/20 cruise but it did not work into our plans so we are going 10/27 on the Magic. Storms can happen any time in hurricane season. Hold on and hope for the best!

MJ

It's the date the Fantasy sailed out of PC in 2012, then encountered Hurricane Sandy upon her return. Several Disers that were on that sailing are on the 10/20/13 Magic sailing out of drydock. I tried to explain it a post or two ago.
I suppose it's an inside joke / comradely that occurs when potential peril occurs in close quarters.

I'm surprised you aren't aware of the significance of this date, as I tend to express this encounter quarterly, at others discontent. :rotfl:
I suppose I now know who's post you don't read. :rotfl2:
With your time onboard here, I'm surprised you don't know this event.
It's all good, and I'm happy to help explain the events. Trust me. ;)
Let me know if you need any more details about 10/20/12 Fantasy EC.
:)

I guess I just don't pay such close attention to details and no, I don't spend that much time on just cruise boards. I recall reading last year about how some felt the ship should not have sailed out to sea but I didn't commit the sail date to memory. ;)
I would think those people who experienced it & were traumatized by it would not be booking during hurricane season at all, and not just avoiding one specific date.

I was definitely traumatized by it, haha... HOWEVER... I also sailed through an entire hurricane season start to finish while I worked for DCL, and I know that what happened with Sandy was a total freak occurrence. Usually, they just change itinerary all together, or skip ports without riding out the storm. The storm stalled, and Captain Tom said himself he wasn't expecting it and would not have sailed in to such a mess had he anticipated the severity of it. I'm not concerned that this will happen again any time soon, and I am always prepared for a possible change of itinerary or skipped island. For my family, the savings is still worth it, by a long shot.

Have you made it to CC since 10/12? If not, you deserve two b2b visits. May you have calm seas and days. :worship:
This is why I wanted to book this sailing. Two chances at CC, as we missed CC on the 10/20/12 Fantasy EC.

Good Luck to ALL

This is our first shot at it since then! Honestly, when I first decided on this date, I didn't even notice at first that it was the same date. I was just looking for a double dip! I haven't been to CC since 2006, and there have been so many changes since then! I also thought that would be a good first cruise itinerary for my sweet Elliot, since we left him home last time! We can't wait! (And we hardly have to, it's right around the corner!)

Per DCL's website, http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/pools/aqualab/, the height restrictions for Twist & Shout are 38" - 64". Still doesn't help to get us adults on the slide (or older kids). I watched the announcement video again and the guy clearly states that "this is a family slide, not just for kids". Bummer they changed their mind (or that he was just feeding the wrong info at the time). Maybe it will change, but I doubt it, especially for the first few cruises.

64".... I'm IN!!!! I've never been so happy to be pint sized!!! Yay!!!!

I hope they just go by height & not age. Isn't Disney all about parents having fun with their kids? I'm 62" but I may have shrunk a little in the last 10 yrs.;)

Cut from the same link above on DCLs website:

Twist n' Spout Slide
For children who want to experience a little excitement while cooling down, AquaLab offers an exciting double-looping waterslide. Children using the slide must be a minimum height of 38 inches and a maximum height of 64 inches.

It specifically says children. I'm only 61.5" but I think I'm outta luck. I'll report back for sure since we are on the first 2 cruises after dry dock :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Cut from the same link above on DCLs website:

Twist n' Spout Slide
For children who want to experience a little excitement while cooling down, AquaLab offers an exciting double-looping waterslide. Children using the slide must be a minimum height of 38 inches and a maximum height of 64 inches.

It specifically says children. I'm only 61.5" but I think I'm outta luck. I'll report back for sure since we are on the first 2 cruises after dry dock :)

Correct, children only. I was only pointing out out that the height was 64", not 60" as mentioned in other posts, but meant children only. Sorry if there was any confusion.

I did post that it "doesn't help get us adults on the slide (or older kids)"

Maybe the part where I quoted the guy from the press release caused some confusion, but that was just to say they initially said it was for the "whole family".

As of right now, all indications are that the slide is for KIDS ONLY.

DS, 13yo and 65" is bummed.

I have a sneaking suspicion that between Silverfox and myself, you are going to have more clips, pictures and information than you will know what to do with, haha. It will be a spoiler alert tornado!

I have a sneaking suspicion that between Silverfox and myself, you are going to have more clips, pictures and information than you will know what to do with, haha. It will be a spoiler alert tornado!

Please do can't wait for May.

I will miss reading the boards once the magic sets sail again. I don't want any spoilers for our Nov. cruise. With the drydock pictures so few and far between there will be lots of surpirses:) I guess twitter will be out too for a while.

I should suspect that it would be very easy to avoid the threads with spoilers in them here on the boards. I don't have Twitter so I don't know how it works, but isn't it harder to avoid seeing pictures there?

I should suspect that it would be very easy to avoid the threads with spoilers in them here on the boards. I don't have Twitter so I don't know how it works, but isn't it harder to avoid seeing pictures there?

Actually easier there, the only way to see the pictures is to actually click a link. The tweets shown on the home screen are text only.

I would be worried on the boards that the title will be 'totaly cool blank on the Magic' vs spoiler alert. We will see what I do, but definately can't wait till we get to go.

cgolf

I've enjoyed all the updates so far and look forward to more over the next few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter