Has anyone sailed on the Allure?

Disneycrazymom

DIS Veteran
I just booked for November (Eastern) and have a few questions:

1. Which dinning did you have and how did it work out? We are thinking of trying MY Time Dinning.

2. Did you prebook the shows? Never had the option on the other Royal ships.

3. Did you prebook the restaurants? Which ones and was it worth it? Thinking of Rita's Party. Not sure of the others - always stayed in the MDR on other trips.

4. Did you stay in a Central Park balcony and did you like it? thought we would try something no other ship offers.

Thanks! Any tips you can pass on to me will be appreciated!

No, but I would love to.

Have you checked out cruisecritic.com? There is a lot of information there to help you with your cruise.

Thank-you, yes I have been reading over there too. Sometimes the Dis crowd has a different prospective.

No, but I would love to.

Have you checked out cruisecritic.com? There is a lot of information there to help you with your cruise.

people here have TONS of info, just like the DIS people re Disney ;)
Oops. meant to add, we did dinner with our group each night at a particular time, it was the early one, we loved it and loved the routine of it as well.
We have only gotten (outside ) balcony rooms, the only way Id cruise....I LOVE watching the lands come into view.....and tea in teh morning, a nightcap at night, just BLISSful...
RCL is amazing IMHO, have not done allure. Have a great time..

I've heard, but haven't experienced this myself, that the Central Park balcony rooms can be noisy at night. Just a thought.

Yes went the end of January. Had a blast, I can answer a few of your questions. We had late dinning, we liked it, gave you more time to get ready, after being at excursions all day. We did the Ritas Cantina Fiesta it was so much fun highly recomend it. We made all of our show reservations before we set sail, We would not have been able to see several of the shows they where full. So I would make sure if a certain show you wanted to see you make a reservation. The aqua show was fantastic. As for the balcony room over looking Central Park, we had a window view over cantral Park, so can't help you there. If you have any questions ask I will try to help you. Have fun.:thumbsup2

You posted at the right time. Just got off the Allure, Eastern, Sunday a week ago.

It is a magnificant ship!!!

MTD worked great for us. No reservations, just showed up. Dining is on deck 5. Most of our waits were less than 5 minutes. The longest was on lobster night, Friday, which is the second formal night. Waited maybe 10 minutes. Would definitely do MTD again!!!

Prebooked all our shows. There is a standby line for people that haven't booked, but I wouldn't want to do that. No guarantee to get in, and the best seats are gone.

We only ate in the Main dining room, so no specialty restaurants. No issues with the food, it was all very good!!!

We stayed on deck 8, outside balcony. Loved seeing the water. Central Park is gorgeous!!! It would be a very nice place to have a balcony!

The roast beef sandwiches and MTO salads in the Park Cafe in Central Park are delish!!!

The drink of the day Guavaberry Colada is now my favorite.

If you need something to do in St Martin, I HIGHLY suggest Bernard's tours. You book it privately. If interested, just Google it.

If you have any questions, I will answer them the best I can!

There are 2 kiosks in front of guest services to use if you need to do early check-in for a flight. You can also print your boarding passes there.

Here are a few pics to wet your appetite!!!

Roast beef sanwich
AllureoftheSeas2011015.jpg

Promenade
AllureoftheSeas2011138.jpg

Rising Tide Bar
AllureoftheSeas2011201.jpg

Central Park
AllureoftheSeas2011219.jpg

Central Park
AllureoftheSeas2011223.jpg

Central Park
IMG_5473.jpg

Looking aft
AllureoftheSeas2011294.jpg

Interactive screens
AllureoftheSeas2011296.jpg

LOBSTER!!!
AllureoftheSeas2011263.jpg

Miniture golf
AllureoftheSeas2011230.jpg

Flow Rider
IMG_5520.jpg

Maho beach, St Martin, Bernard's tours
AllureoftheSeas2011028.jpg

Adult solarium
AllureoftheSeas2011010.jpg

Rainbow as we docked in St Thomas
AllureoftheSeas2011093.jpg

This says it all!!!
AllureoftheSeas2011181.jpg

I've heard, but haven't experienced this myself, that the Central Park balcony rooms can be noisy at night. Just a thought.

We walked through Central Park every night as it was very close to our cabin. It was very quiet there at night. Minimal traffic. We would sit out in the chairs in the 5th pic I posted. They even had the sound of crickets piped in, very softly though!!!

Thank you for sharing your pictures, Sharon.
Makes me want to go on a cruise right now!:)

There is a pretty comprehensive trip report on the CB somewhere-that never quite got finished ;) about the Allure (I think). It was very well done. I can't remember the exact title but I would think a search of the flowrider would bring it up because she has a lot of information about it on there.

We walked through Central Park every night as it was very close to our cabin. It was very quiet there at night. Minimal traffic. We would sit out in the chairs in the 5th pic I posted. They even had the sound of crickets piped in, very softly though!!!

WOW! thanks for sharing those pics! Was the ship crowded? It looks empty in most of your pics. I'm guessing it always sails at full capacity though... just wondering if you went on a better week than another time, like a holiday time. But again, I'd guess those ships are always full (?)

Haven't done the Allure yet, but I will be on the Navigator (again) next week. So excited to be back on a cruise. And definitely look forward to going on the Allure at some point. Those pictures are amazing!

There is a pretty comprehensive trip report on the CB somewhere-that never quite got finished ;) about the Allure (I think). It was very well done. I can't remember the exact title but I would think a search of the flowrider would bring it up because she has a lot of information about it on there.

golfgal I think this is the one you are thinking of - it's on the Oasis (sister to Allure) but when you posted "flowrider" I remembered following this super TR and all the great pics she had, but especially how the whole family loved that flowrider :laughing:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497627&highlight=oasis

:goodvibes

Thank-you so much for the pictures! I am excited to sail on this beautiful ship! The RCCL site says I only have 222 days until our sailing. :goodvibes

We have sailed with Royal several times but never used My Time Dinning. I enjoy having the same waiters/table each night but we have decided we will try it. Really it was the only option we had when booking this am! We are sailing with 2 other couples and so we will just make our reservations on line as soon as we can (I am well trained by Disney Dinning) and make the best of it.

I told DH a perk of the CPB was we can look out and see the line for the roast beef everyone raves about. Then he can run down and get some for us. This is an extra, adults only, vacation we had not really planned for but couldn't resist joining in on so an inside less expensive balcony will be fine.

DH will do the sailing regatta in St Martian. I may shop a bit and hang out on board. We have been there several times so it might be a good day to enjoy a less crowded ship.

How early can we pre book the shows? Do I need to pay off the balance first?
Thanks again!

Edited to add: It is not a flowrider but a body eating machine!!!

golfgal I think this is the one you are thinking of - it's on the Oasis (sister to Allure) but when you posted "flowrider" I remembered following this super TR and all the great pics she had, but especially how the whole family loved that flowrider :laughing:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497627&highlight=oasis

:goodvibes
I love that TR I remember reading it before. If I remember right she had posted video's of them on the flow rider.
I also loved her and her sisters Vegas TR from a few years ago, lots of pics and a video of their helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon.

WOW! thanks for sharing those pics! Was the ship crowded? It looks empty in most of your pics. I'm guessing it always sails at full capacity though... just wondering if you went on a better week than another time, like a holiday time. But again, I'd guess those ships are always full (?)

The ship sailed full!!! The empty pics are boarding day before alot of people where on the ship. We actually got to board around 10:45, that's pretty early. The only time we experienced crowds where when the shows left out. It would be busy right outside the venue, but dispursed quickly. Hard to believe that there were 6000 guests on board.

We have sailed with Royal several times but never used My Time Dinning. I enjoy having the same waiters/table each night but we have decided we will try it. Really it was the only option we had when booking this am! We are sailing with 2 other couples and so we will just make our reservations on line as soon as we can (I am well trained by Disney Dinning) and make the best of it.

How early can we pre book the shows? Do I need to pay off the balance first?
Thanks again!

Edited to add: It is not a flowrider but a body eating machine!!!

Even though we had MTD, we requested Maryna (pronounced mar-EN-a) at every dinner. We just asked for her when we checked in. We met her on our 4th evening and fell in love with her. What a wonderful young lady!!!

Can't remember how early we booked shows, but is was after paying in full. Log in to your account on RCL's website and keep an eye on that. Whatever you do, don't wait until the last minute!!! We booked probably about a month before sailing.

ETA: I just read on CruiseCritic that someone just booked their entertainment for their July cruise!

A few more pics

Cupcake you can make at cupcake making class
AllureoftheSeas2011303-1.jpg

Cupcake Cupboard
IMG_5585.jpg

Pool
IMG_5479.jpg

Pool
IMG_5476.jpg

Aft of ship docked in St Martin
AllureoftheSeas2011155-1.jpg

Decorations between elevators
AllureoftheSeas2011192.jpg

Iguanas near ship in port
AllureoftheSeas2011137.jpg

My Drink of the Day collection of glasses
AllureoftheSeas2011269.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter