• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone rented an electric car in Key West?

RellingTwin

DIS Veteran
We are looking into renting one of these cars. I'd like to hear from anyone who has rented them, where they are located in relation to where the ship docks, if they accept credit cards for payment, did you reserve ahead of time, or rent one once you arrived in Key West.
Any other info you can supply would be welcome.

A couple different times when Shirley got me her Key West packet, she had included info on these electric cars. Maybe you could contact her through her and she could give you lots more info about location and so on. Hopefully she will see your post.

Hey there Mary,
I have pamplets etc on the electric cars - NOW if you give them my business card, they are suppose to give you 20% off on your tickets - they offered to give me 20% of everyone that I sent to them and I refused their offer and asked them to pass the savings down to those that visit my hometown - you are most welcomed to send for all of the information I have on Key West - all it takes is a large envelope with about $3.75 worth of stamps on it and make it self addressed - I also include information about Brevard County in case there is time to just shop or look around.
Hope you and yours are doing well also tell your sister I said hello.
By the way - I am always warning folks about the Tee-shirt shops in Key West - one was just closed down due to the same ol' stuff - overcharging - this time (again) a family from the Orients was charged over $800.00 for tee shirts - watch for charges ok.
Hugssssss from me to you
Always
Shirley

Hi Shirley! I got all the Key West info from you last year with our gift baskets. I have also been to the web sites of both electric car rental places, so I have the prices ect. What I am looking for is more personal info. from someone who has done it.
I will call both places tonight and ask some of the questions ( credit card acceptance, reservation policy ect) but I wanted to hear from some of my DIS friends before I reserve my car.

Shirley, thanks for the warning! I'll tell my sis you said hello. I hope Norm is doing well.

What is the cost to rent one of these cars? Also, are they suitable to have a 23 month old in a car seat? Thanks!

We rented one from Key West cruisers. They also supplied a car seat for our son 19 months old at the time.

Wendy

When my husband and I visited KW last October, we rented an electric car one day and a moped the last 4 days. The electric cars are a lot of fun, but a pain to park. The moped's were much easier to park and they were enjoyable also. Hope this helps. Not sure if you'll have time to eat there (opr would want to spend the money when the cruise covers it), but Michael's is a fantastic restaruant. good luck and have a ball!! KW is one of my favorite places

Hey there Mary,
I do realize that you want someone who did the hand on hand experience - Now I did recommend a former cruiser and they would NOT honor her 20% off so I got on the phone and spoke to Phil who is the owner and he PROMISED that he would give the 20% off if they presented my business card (no there is no kickback) - he just wanted to see if I was keeping my word as I expected him to - now I will tell you this - when we had our 50th class reuion this year, many conchs took this option of renting the electrical cars simply b/c of age and unfortunally we can not walk Key West as we once did - they had no complaints - you sometimes can find parking behind the old post office off Simonton Street - sometimes folks do not know these small hints - parking is hard and expensive - tried to get them to work with me and you would have thought I asked to be sent to the moon :cool: -------- anyhow let me know if I can help.
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter