Has anyone rented a car through Avis?

dreiwhit

DIS Veteran
Enterprise is usually my go to company for car rentals, but we found a rental with Avis through Costco that is $32 cheaper than Enterprise for the same time period and same size car. Its hard to pass that up since the discount will cover three days parking at Disney.

I don't know anything about Avis, so has anyone had good experiences with them, or bad?

I love Avis, sign up for Avis Preferred and give them your flight info and your car will be waiting for you. You'll see your name on the board with the spot your car is in and you can skip the line and get right in your car and go!

We used Avis through Costco last month at LAX.

Even though I stupidly got a tiny car not even thinking about our bags, when we went back in (shamefaced and embarrassed) to get a bigger car they charged is only a minimal fee to get the next size that would work. Then walked out with us to make sure it would work. It was very good.

Enterprise is usually my go to company for car rentals, but we found a rental with Avis through Costco that is $32 cheaper than Enterprise for the same time period and same size car. Its hard to pass that up since the discount will cover three days parking at Disney.

I don't know anything about Avis, so has anyone had good experiences with them, or bad?
Always had good experiences with Avis, but Alamo is our "go to" company lately.

BTW: Avis is the business oriented side of the company, Budget is the consumer side.
Generally business men are pretty picky about their rentals so the quality with Avis is fairly high.

Thanks everyone! I've never rented with them, but I am looking forward to giving them a try.

I was just going to add my two cents that we've rented many cars from Avis, and it's always been a smooth process for both pick up and return. I agree with the poster above who suggested signing up for Avis Preferred. It doesn't make a huge amount of difference in the customer service, but they always have your stuff ready for you if you tell them your flight info, etc. And they just seem like they're more eager to make sure you have a good experience with them if you're in their system that way.

My goto rental... especially with minivans is Thrifty's. The minivan's come with backup cameras. Gives me the added confidence in parallel parking as I'm not used to driving with a large vehicle. I need the extra seats and/or luggage space when travelling.

I used to like Avis..the have your spouse can drive for free...until our our last trip...gave us an unclean minivan....then a corvette. Well that wasn't going to work with 5 people and 8pieces of luggage and then another minivan we couldn't find but it was parked right in front of us...long story with cranky husband and cranky kids and heat!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter