Has anyone received their marathon packet yet?

Cheryl- are the porta potties makred on that map??

Tootsiemolly- I can only WISH that I was running the half! I will be walking- and in the LAST corral as it is. I''m gonna walk as fast as I can as to get away from the dreaded sweeper machine!

We live in Texas, and we still have not received our packets. I hope it comes this week! princess:

Karen I got out the map and there is no mention of where the port a potties are, I'm wondering if they are at the same places as the beverage stations. For the 1/2 marathon it looks like there are 8 beverage stations and 1 food station ( the food station is at mile 9). There are also 6 first aid stations along the 1/2 marathon route. One thing I found interesting is that in the booklet it mentions that you should avoid taking Ibuprofen and Naproxen 24 hours before and 48 hours after the race. I had never heard this before. They recommend taking Acetaminophen before, during and after the race. I'm going to have to give one of my brothers (they are both pharmacists) a call about this and see what they say.

Any other ??? I'll do my best to find the answer in the booklet.

Cheryl

Cheryl-

No other questions for now- but thanks for thinking of me!

I got my packet today! Anyone else?????? Jackie? How about you? Did you get it?

Nothing for me yet, but I'm in Ontario and they have my old address so the "forwarding" to my new address sometimes adds a couple of extra days to the regular mail :rolleyes:

Cheryl ..... thanks for finding out about the ibuprofen thingy. I was nursing a sore sciatic (sp?) nerve (aka my left butt-cheek hurt) during the 1/2 in Niagara and I did take Advil during the race.

Does anyone know if someone from home will be able to "track" us on-line that morning based on our race number? I have some friends who are asking.

Mary-Liz

Nope, don't have mine yet. Just got back from Chicago today and was hoping it was in the mail.....but not yet.

I have to decide in the next week or so, how long I'm actually going to stay in January. Have 10 days available, but am now thinking of doing 1/2 that and going back in April, right before my AP expires......what a delightful delima.

I talked to my pharmacist brother (the one who is also a marathon runner) and he did say that you really only need to worry about taking Ibuprofen close to a long hard workout if you let yourself get dehydrated because Ibuprofen can be hard on the kidneys and if you are dehydrated it could affect them. He told me as long as I make sure to be well hydrated before, during and after the race I should be OK with taking my Advil, that's what he uses. I guess I'm really going to need to know where those port a potties are on race day. And speaking of port a potties make sure you take them into consideration when you are deciding on what clothing to wear on the day of the race. I had bought a pair of "running shorts" that have the tighter more supportive fitting shorts built into the nylon outer shorts and I thought they were great because they did give my thighs a bit more support but then one day when I was doing a longer walk and had to swing by home to use the bathroom they were harder to pulldown and back up because they were sweaty and tighter, I decided right then and there that pair of shorts would not be going with me in Jan. The quicker in and out of the port a pottie the better ;)

Cheryl

What is this marathon that everyone is talking about? Do they actually have a 26 mile run at WDW?

Pixiedust23- YES! WDW holds an annual marathon/half marathon that they do the second weekend of January. This coming January about 40 of us WISHERS are all going down and walking the half marathon together! Isn't that fun!!!

If you go here

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go....hon/listing?name=Marathon2005EventListingPage

you can find info about the marathon for this coming January. Unfortunately, registration has been closed for now.

Wow that's great! O don't worry I'm not up to runnin even 13 miles yet, I'm only at about 8.5 miles. I actually can't run on the road for long at all b/c my knees and ankles swell up. Bad joints from 10 years of cheerleading. Don't ever let anyone tell you cheerleading isn't a sport!

Still nothing for me :sad:
Anyone know what happens if we don't receive our packet? I do have my confirmation sheet from when I registered online. :worried: My sister got her packet. My friend in TN got her packet and she registered a month after me! :sad2:

No packet for me either:mad: I am blaming my mailman (cuz I don't have anyone else to blame)

OHmom has her's even!

I printed out some of the information from the website and the Spectators page says the half marathon finishes in the Pluto parking lot at the MK but on the map it has it finishing just before the Polynesian. Does anyone know which is correct. Trying to plan on where my family will need to meet.

I still haven't received my packet yet. Maybe today?

I was discussing this with a friend the other day! We decided that the map is not propotional really. There is no place to put parking for MK on this map. Follow what the book says- have them meet you in the parking lot PLUTO.

In the past it has finished in the parking lot and is scheduled to do so this year. If you are with Team in Training, will you receive your packet at home or will you get it through TNT when you travel to WDW? Our TNT group just sent in our registrations in late October - apparently the marathon sets aside a big block of slots for groups like TNT. I understand that about a third of the participants in the Nike marathon in SF were wearing TNT purple.

I got my packet! Now it does seem real. I'm trying to not stress. As the time gets near, I am feeling a bit breathless. I am sure I will settle down by the time I get there only to start up that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter