Has anyone read Disney on a dime : money-saving secrets for your Walt Disney World..

CinRell

DIS Veteran
Disney on a dime : money-saving secrets for your Walt Disney World vacation / Chris & Kristal Carlso ??

I have it on hold/request at my library.. have for quite some time now and still on a waiting list. Wondering how this book is? Any inside tips anyone would like to share?:)

I bought it, read it and sent it to my DSIL who the book was intended for. It was ok. I've been to WDW 4X, lived on the Dis and Deb Will's site before each trip, bought the Unofficial Guidebook and WDW With Kids before our trips (different books for different trips) so I felt like I pretty much knew everything in there. There were a couple of things I didn't know, but if you've been before and done your research, not much new there.

I've read on the boards here that it's not worth buying cause you can pretty much get the same info from the boards. But, since it's at the library, I don't think it can hurt to read it when you can finally get it.

I just read it cover to cover on Monday in about 3 hours. Not much in there unless you REALLY want to pinch pennies. Book goes on and on about bringing in your own lunch in a cooler, making sandwiches in the parking lot, etc. No thanks, think I'll pop for the CS meals rather than go to that extreme.

Couple of good ideas I took away:

1. Buy some "souveneirs" at home and bring them with you. Younger kids won't know the difference. I'm bringing a bunch of those glow in the dark bracelets from Walmart and will save serious $$ over Disney's prices for the exact same thing!

2. You can buy a double cheeseburger in the parks, buy an extra bun for about 75 cents, and make it into 2 cheeseburgers. Load them up at the fixins' bar (like at Pecos Bill's) and you got 2 burgers for the price of one (almost).

Other than that, getting it from the library is the way to go (and hey, in the spirit of the book too...right?)
:cool1:

I skimmed thru it at Barnes & Noble and wasn't very impressed. I knew everything in there already thanks to message boards and my own experiences. And, a lot of info is listed on their website.

But, if it's free from the library, go ahead and read it! Free is free! :)

I borrowed it from the library about 2 months ago. I didn't care for it...alot of the same stuff you learn here. Also, some things I wouldn't do. I am on vacation so, who wants to cook or drag a cooler around the parks. Since, your not paying for it why not?!? Too sum it up I wouldn't pay for the book!

Im on a waiting list for it at the library too! I didnt think I knew all the money saving tips...but after living on the Dis boards and going to DW and DL several times...I just might know it all...LOL

Ill still look it over to see if I can find anything new.

WeLuvTink! said:
I'm bringing a bunch of those glow in the dark bracelets from Walmart and will save serious $$ over Disney's prices for the exact same thing!
Actually, Disney is now selling battery operated glow necklaces that have different colors and flashing patterns for only $3 each. The batteries in them would cost more than that alone.

drag a cooler around the parks

Must have missed that part! They actually suggest that? Coolers aren't allowed in the parks! Maybe a small, soft sided lunch-tote kind, but if they're talking about a Coleman, they're wrong! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter