Has anyone purchased the Elemis detox products from the spa?

skiingwife

DIS Veteran
On the last day of our cruise this week, the spa held a seminar called Secrets to a Flatter Stomach or something like that. From that, we scheduled an appointment for a complete body analysis after which the guy tried to sell us these Elemis detox products. It sounds like a great program but they were very expensive products. Has anyone ever tried the 3 month program? I'm wondering if it really works?

On the last day of our cruise this week, the spa held a seminar called Secrets to a Flatter Stomach or something like that. From that, we scheduled an appointment for a complete body analysis after which the guy tried to sell us these Elemis detox products. It sounds like a great program but they were very expensive products. Has anyone ever tried the 3 month program? I'm wondering if it really works?

We were suckers and bought them with the brush, no difference here. Exercise works better. ;)

The brush is actually helpful...don't know about the other products, but hubby bought the body brush and using it regularly actually reduced the appearance of the veins in his legs!

I agree with disneyJimmy...I was very disappointed that something so informative was turned into a sales pitch, it really made me reconsider some of the info they gave...they really lost credibility with me and I was actually surprised Disney lets them do that.

I agree with disneyJimmy...I was very disappointed that something so informative was turned into a sales pitch, it really made me reconsider some of the info they gave...they really lost credibility with me and I was actually surprised Disney lets them do that.

In defense of DCL, the spa and salon are concessions run by another company. You get the same spiel on every cruise line. No cruise line runs their own spa or salon. At least DCL allows you to mark, no sales pitch!!

I agree also. The analysis was interesting; I learned my body fat %, water %, metabolism rate, and some other things. But I was not expecting it to be a sales pitch at all, especially not to the tune of $750.

Has anyone come across a comparable product that might be cheaper? :confused3 The concept was good just not the price tag.:sad2:

DD and I had the the body analysis done on RCCL. Same stuff....very expensive for the full treatment.
I came home and found them online. Purchased a copy things for a LOT less....not impressed. Didn't notice any difference.
I got the catcus brush at the Body Shop at the mall.

I just got off the Disney Fantasy and got the same sales pitch on Elemis. I tried the detox in the past on the recommendation of a friend. I am currently doing the detox and it is working. The first time I purchased the detox system was on line at timetospa.com. This time I purchased it on the cruise for the same price as I did online (tax free and no shipping chgs).

My ONLY complaint is that the spa professional told me I needed to to a six month detox ($300 per 3 month for a total of $600). I would suggest only purchasing a three month supply and if you like it then purchase another three month supply on line.

This was not a impulse purchase for me. I went on the ship knowing about the product line and had used it before. I feel like the price was comparable to what was offered on the internet and I didn't have to pay shipping!

All of the free "seminars" are really sales pitches. And they start with accurate scientific facts and then move into their odd theories. The brush is nice. It does feel good and momentarily increases blood flow in the brushed areas.

As to the rest--a healthy diet and exercise will be better for most people. And please check with your doctor before using any products if you are on any medications or have any chronic health conditions. "Natural" products do contain substances that may interfere with many medications.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter