Has anyone parasailed in CC?

I personally thought it was totally worth it. It was one of those bucket list things to do for me...It was a beautiful sunny day and I wasn't expecting the silence up there. Beautiful views,didn't see any sharks,myself. They will dip you into the ocean if you want them to..It was neat!

I have read here that parasailing is one of the excursions that gets cancelled from time to time due to weather / wind. It was cancelled on our Fantasy sailing,but I didn't plan to go that time. The jet ski tour was also cancelled,which we did plan on....have a " plan B" in mind,perhaps.

worth the $$? and did you see any sharks in the water?

We have and it was worth the money! Our son loved it. We didn't see any sharks but we had some great views of the island.

We had it booked again when we were there in January but it got cancelled because of wind. So yes that does happen. Every excursion was cancelled that day.

Absolutely! My 12 year old nephew still talks about how awesome it was and wants to know when are we going again. We went together and that was one of the highlights of our cruise. The view was breath taking, the water was so clear, and not a sound could be heard (except for the two of us exclaiming how wonderful it was). DO IT!!!
:yay:

It's so good we've been twice! :thumbsup2

First time was just DH and I, second time our DD was with us so she flew tandem with her dad and I got to go by myself again so I could take some photos.

No sign of sharks on our visits either.

I have been to CC twice and both times due to weather conditions it has been canceled...I have another cruise scheduled for June of 15. Lets see if I get to go then:confused3:confused3

Done it both times I've been to CC. First time solo, my wife was hesitant. (It was great!) The second time we flew together & it was awesome. She told me she couldn't believe how relaxing it was up there & she was taking pictures the whole time. What a view! Was well worth the $$. We will do it again in July. :).

We also booked this twice and have yet to experience it. It was canceled both times due to wind.

Great thread topic!

We booked this two? three? times before getting to experience it. Would up being really cool and very glad we persisted.

I parasailed once at the beach in Florida, and absolutely loved it. I cannot wait to go again!
I finally convinced my husband (who is afraid of heights) to do it for our honeymoon. We went out on the boat with a group of other people. A young boy and his dad went up before us. The weather turned bad, and the parasail fell into the water and they had to rescue the boy. The rest of the day they cancelled the excursion. I will never be able to talk my husband into it again. I guess I will have to go on my own.

I did in 2009. I was terrified, but so glad I did it and would definitely do it again. I would suggest booking it for early in the AM as I too have heard that when the winds come up there is a chance of it being cancelled.

So if my 13 and 16 yr d want to do this they can without us? Is there a place that we can wait for them? I realize we can't go on the boat too unless we pay. What part of CC does the boat leave from? Only been to Snorkel and family beach. If I already have this booked for 830 will they let us off the ship early? Sorry soooo many questions!

Here is my advice if you have never parasailed.....get on the boat last. You will be the first ones to go. This was my first time parasailing and we overachieved and got on the boat first. We had to sit there and watch everyone else go ahead of us (maybe 4 other pairs) and listen to their screams (screams of fun and anticipation)......really fun experience and they are super organized and do a great job. Really cool view of CC when you are at the top. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives but we had a great experience.

If you get seasick (at all), I would take some Bonine before getting on the little boat. I forgot and I felt yucky the entire time, which really took away from the experience. If it's windy it gets REALLY ROCKY and you have to sit there and just wait for everyone to take their turn. We were out on the water well over an hour.

Also, it didn't occur to me that we should bring cash to tip (since it was at CC) so we felt really bad at the end of the excursion. No one on our little boat thought to do it, and our operators looked really disappointed. They are not Disney employees.

My husband and I did it in February. It was AWESOME! I did not see any sharks, which is a good thing since they dipped us in the water at one point and I would have freaked out. I say definitely do it and it is worth the money.

Booked it three times but was only able to do it once due to the weather. The next time we go we will book it again. I was afraid to do it but figured it was time to step out of my comfort zone and experience it. It was so amazing, the views were incredible - you can see so far. I wasn't the least bit afraid. I really want to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter