• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ordered from Disney Florists....

:) I would just pack a gift bag and paper. For my DH it would be an ITunes card or gift card for something in the park. I 2008 I brought a Mickey gift bag and placed all kinds of goodies in it with a piece of tissue paper and when they left the room, I put it there. Would he like the segway tour or keys to the kingdome tour. DH and I enjoyed the Keys tour very much.

Now, we were in WDW last year from My 41st bday and he had a precious arrangement sent to the room. I was taking a shower and didn't even hear them come in. I can look across from my desk into the kitchen and see my little arrangement mug on the counter. I loved it.

Maybe an Illuminations cruise?

Hey what about a session with a photopass photographer? I don't know the number to set it up but the pics look great and I think the session is about 20 minutes.

The session with the photpass photographer sounds great!! I think he might have planned the Illuminations Cruise already, so I hate to double book!! I might take your idea of the gift bag with goodies and possibly a tour. Thank you for your suggestions

DH had this arrangement sent to our room on the day of our anniversary. It was in the room when got back from the parks around 4pm. It was a really cute arrangement, but not very big. I just found out recently after going through some of DH old statements that it was $79. It seemed rather small for that, but I guess in Disney price it was about right. ;)

I have a mixed result. I ordered something for my Ds and for DW, When we checked in I told them at the desk that I ordered from the florist, within 15 mins we had a knock at the door and my sons pirate package arrived, but mot my wifes:confused3 So I went to the desk and they made a phone call to find out what the problem was, seems like since we had a minor in the room by Fl law we were to sign for it since it had liquor(OK we were there, not leaving a 4yr old by himself:confused3) It took about 24hrs to get it, finailly received it in the lobby (didn't have to sign:confused3) I will say that the front desk was very helpful on the matter:cool1:

IMO they are dependible, but if you have a minor you might want to stay away from anything containing liquor:scared1:

I think your money would be better spent elsewhere. Sure it's nice to walk into and yes it's from Disney so it's expensive, but let's look at it this way:

I work at a grocery store and occasionally work in the floral department. The company holds us to an incredibly high standard when it comes to freshness, and once a cut flower has been with us for 5 days, it's thrown out. Nothing is held in a cooler for weeks at a time until it's needed like a lot of florists. We also offer a 5 day guarentee on our flowers. Everything comes from great growers and are taken care of every step of the way.

That being said, my point is the floral dept at my store is not just your crappy gas station grab and go type thing.

So looking at the "Disney Dozen" arrangement for $99, plus $3.45 service charge, plus 6% tax, we reach $108.60. I'm sure they probably charge a delivery charge too.

From my store, a vase of comparable shape and size, 10 bucks. 1 dozen red roses, $9.99 for regular size, plus another 70 cents for the 13th rose, so let's just call it 11 bucks. If you want long stem, 38.87. One mixed greenery bouquet for $5.99. I can't tell what those little white flowers are from the picture, but I'll estimate for a bunch of those because they're a filler flower, $3.99. So for basic size roses, and adding in the 30% service charge for making it into an arragement, we arrive at approximately $40. For long stems, approximately $80. Add 2 bucks to each for those mickey beads and even a dollar a piece for the pixie dust. Still way less expensive than going through Disney.

Sure the arrangements are nice, but realistically you can't take them home and those flowers are going to die. I just can't fathom spending that kind of money on it.

I have a mixed result. I ordered something for my Ds and for DW, When we checked in I told them at the desk that I ordered from the florist, within 15 mins we had a knock at the door and my sons pirate package arrived, but mot my wifes:confused3 So I went to the desk and they made a phone call to find out what the problem was, seems like since we had a minor in the room by Fl law we were to sign for it since it had liquor(OK we were there, not leaving a 4yr old by himself:confused3) It took about 24hrs to get it, finailly received it in the lobby (didn't have to sign:confused3) I will say that the front desk was very helpful on the matter:cool1:

IMO they are dependible, but if you have a minor you might want to stay away from anything containing liquor:scared1:

Lawd. As I said I wouldn't bother.:confused3

:) I would just pack a gift bag and paper. For my DH it would be an ITunes card or gift card for something in the park. I 2008 I brought a Mickey gift bag and placed all kinds of goodies in it with a piece of tissue paper and when they left the room, I put it there. Would he like the segway tour or keys to the kingdome tour. DH and I enjoyed the Keys tour very much.

Now, we were in WDW last year from My 41st bday and he had a precious arrangement sent to the room. I was taking a shower and didn't even hear them come in. I can look across from my desk into the kitchen and see my little arrangement mug on the counter. I loved it.

Maybe an Illuminations cruise?

Hey what about a session with a photopass photographer? I don't know the number to set it up but the pics look great and I think the session is about 20 minutes.

Thanks again for your suggestion about the photopass session.. I booked it tonight for the first Saturday we are at Disney. We will be having breakfast at Kona that morning, so I figured what better time to schedule it than right before at the Polynesian. 2 years ago my DH proposed to me on the beach during the fireworks at the Poly, so it has very special meaning to me. For $100 we will get 30-60 photos (possibly more since it's just the 2 of us) on a cd. I am sure he will love this gift, especially since he didn't have to plan it. Thank you again for your help. I am so excited for him to see what I have planned.. Now I just have to figure out what we will wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter