Has anyone joined the Disney Movie club???

I just signed up using the code. I noticed that the little mermaid, sleeping beauty, and snow white weren't available. :rolleyes:
The incredibles is not there either. When do they have the new movies available?

I read somewhere that the new ones have a little lag in release on the Movie Club site. Also, here is a link to Disney movies that are currently out of print: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/OOP.htm

-Snow White will not be released again until 2012 (it was discontinued Jan of 2002 and is on 10 year "moratorium"- the fancy name for the Disney vault).
-Little Mermaid's Platinum edition will probably be released October of 2006, the limited issue was discontinued in Jan of 2000.
-Sleeping Beauty's special edition was discontinued Jan of 2004. No word on a platinum edition coming out.
-Incredibles- new and will probably be on the site in a few weeks (?)

Disney likes to release and discontinue dvds at different times. :sad2: The logic is- if you know it won't be sold for 10 more years (or until a date TBA), you're more apt to buy it even if it isn't your fav movie.

Cinderella is the next DVD up for release and will be available in stores October of 2005. :cool1:

Sorry! Check out ebay if you want these- but you'll notice sealed copies of Snow White (a used one just went for $40) and Beauty and the Beast especially are going for HUGE amounts (both are currently on 10 yr moratorium). I saw the two go off together for $100 the other day!! There are also TONS of bootlegs out there so if you go the ebay route, be VERY careful.

I have to confess- I just spent quite a bit of money on a sealed Peter Pan dvd on ebay just last night. I just couldn't wait until it comes out again!! :bounce:

I still have the envelope, not yet opened, in my pile of junk mail.
The only reason it didn't go into the recycling this morning, is because I think I might want to use the stickers (that it came with).

I have most of the old classic Disney movies, on Laser Disk.
I have this fear, that my laser disk player will break, and I won't have a way to watch the movies.
I need to copy them (legally for my own use only) to VHS or DVD, before my LD player breaks and I end up buying the overpriced copies of the movies on eBay.

One problem is, that when the movies start selling for very high prices, on the secondary market, they also become more difficult to rent.

- Eileen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter