Has anyone here used A Timeshare Broker

catanddog

Earning My Ears
We are considering buying points from A Timeshare Broker, Jaki Apetz is the agent. Please let us know what your experience has been buying points on the resale market especialy if you have dealt with this agency.
Thanks alot

DH and I have been working with Jason at The Timeshare Store, and recently made a bid for OKW. We've been very happy with their service. Jason even suggested we offer a couple of dollars less per point than the seller was asking, which the seller accepted. I've found their service to be wonderful.

Now we're just waiting for Disney to approve the transaction. Jason advised us that the offer we made has been accepted by Disney quite a bit in the recent past. Even if Disney turns down our offer and buys the shares back themself, I know we'll continue to work with The Timeshare Store until we get what we want.

catanddog said:
We are considering buying points from A Timeshare Broker, Jaki Apetz is the agent. Please let us know what your experience has been buying points on the resale market especialy if you have dealt with this agency.
Thanks alot

I have purchased 2 resales contracts through Jaki. In both cases I was extremely pleased with communication and results. In fact, one of the contracts had a whole bunch of banked points that were expiring very soon and Jaki was instrumental in expediting our closing (in DVC sytem the day after closing) so that we were able to use. A+ service IMO.

Gosh, it was the easiest purchase we have ever made! We are already waiting for our next set of perfect points to buy from TSS! :flower:

We used Jaki for one of our contracts and the Timeshare Store for the other. Both were excellent to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to reccommend either of them.

Rock'n Robin said:
We sold some points through Jaki and she was awesome. I highly recommend her.
Robin M.
So glad to hear that. We just purchased a resale and didn't have any problems. Now we're considering a sale (buying at one resort, selling at another), and we were debating on whether or not to go with her. No reason not to, but it's really nice to hear the positive comments.

Used the timeshare store with no real problems. Closing was a bit slow and took longer than it should have..but this was due to the seller taking their time rather than anyone at TSS. I would recommend them. Tried to use another broker before TSS and found out that on one contract my offer wasn't even passed on to the seller because she considered it too low. Funny...I bought the same amount of points at the same DVC resort with the same use year for nearly a dollar less pp at the TSS...and it passed ROFR. Apparently, that broker doesn't know as much as she lets on. What really bothered me is that she pretended that she had passed it on and the seller rejected. The whole thing just seems a bit unethical...In hindsight, I 'm glad we didn't end up using her...very happy with our TSS purchase :love:

We used Jaki recently for selling points. Everything was fine. Especially pleased with the communication.

We bought 230 points at OKW through a timeshare broker a few years ago (might have even been The Timeshare Store). It was easy. It probably took a little longer than most, as the original owners were from South Africa, which I assume complicated things a little due to the distance.

We just closed on our OKW purchase today! Yipeeeee! We went through Jamie at The Timeshare Store. They were great! So painless and professional! I wish I had friends interested in purchasing because I would recommend her for sure. I feel we got a great deal and were able to purchase way more points for our money by going through the resale market. Good luck and call The Timeshare Store today. They will walk you through the whole process.

Andria,

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! Thanks for doing business with us. We really do appreciate it.

HAPPY VACATIONING,
Tom

We used Jaki, and had a totally trouble-free experience. I was very pleased that she was always happy to answer any question, even though I was probably driving her crazy. I probably didn't do enough homework into who to use - she just happened to have the contract we'd been looking for - but we were very pleasantly surprised at how painless it was, especially after reading some other people's experiences.

We also had a few conversations with TTS, and I would have gone with them as well had they had the contract I was looking for. Everyone was very helpful and professional there. It was pretty much a matter of timing for us.

We used Jaki for our BWV resale purchase. I wouldn't hestitate to use any of the 3 big resale brokers but Jaki was the one that I had the resale contract I needed at the time.

I was impressed that she contacted me at all hours with different contacts that came available that met my needs. I think one we passed on, one the seller passed, and 3rd one - bingo!!

Exactly what we wanted, a BWV contract loaded with banked points, with current and future points intact, it even had the same UY as our other resale contract.

It seemed like that she never was off the clock. She called me at home 9ish at night because that was when both DH & I were at home to make decisions. Then she would call the seller and then call us back.

After the deal was done, her son (forgot his name) actually handled all our paperwork because Jaki was away on a well deserved vacation.

If I had to buy another resale, I would call all the major brokers and let them know exactly what I was looking for with as much detail as possible as to what I would be willing to buy or not and what can be flexible . I think it helps to let them know that you are serious and not "just looking." I would buy from the first one the had the contract that I wanted.

Many brokers will call those buyers on their list with the offer before it ever makes it to the website. I have a feeling that the bettter or "juicier" resales usually get snatched up by a buyer on a list before most people even know about it.

Good luck.

I used A Timeshare Broker for my BWV purchase last year. Couldn't be happier with the entire transaction. It was smooth, quick and painless and Jaki made it clear it was fine to call any time during the process if I had any questions or concerns. Excellent communication, I was kept up to date at all times. I'd use them again for sure.

I don't mean to be yucky, but since I bought from the TSS and really appreciate the fact that they sponsor this site and all the information that is provided, I just wondered which board I can find sponsored by A Timeshare Broker.

We used ATB and Jaki this March for a BWV purchase. Very professional and thorough. Seems to me that the folks at TTS shouldn't mind us giving honest feedback, even on their competition. Moreso than traditional real estate, this business likely relies heavily on "first contact." If a buyer talks to a competent and reliable broker, they'll stay interested. The key is to get folks interested and in the market willing to buy resale, then let the contracts (chips) fall where they may. I know from my experience I traded emails with one outfit that nearly spooked me from the whole thing. I found these boards by "Google-ing" DVC and was led to several sites---TTS certainly has the best overall presentation and complete information on the resorts. Frankly it is better than the DVC member site in many respects! My wife and I are considering another resale purchase and I now check the TTS listings on a near-daily basis.

We used Jaki a couple of years ago to buy our OKW contract and I'd use her again.

I used the timeshare store. Jerry made everything go smooth as can be and anwsered all my questions. I still call him from time to time and he still does AFTER the sale and THAT is the sign of a good company to deal with when they treat you just a good after the sale as before. I wouldnt even consider using any other broker.

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter