• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone here tried random wind/st.martin??

trezoc

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! Just looking for feedback on this daytrip if anyone has tried this.Thanks !

We (me, DH and DD5) did Random Wind on May 8th. There were about 20 of us on the boat but there was still plenty of room! Diane, who runs the trip is a great host and actually lives on the boat with her 2 kids. She has a huge selection of drinks (her rum punch was very good) and she cooked curry for lunch but made DD mac n cheese. She also served cookies and crackers with hummous and goats cheese. It was all good!

We sailed to a bay and did some snorkelling which DH said was ok as far as things to see were concerned.( I didn't get to see much as I was looking after DD and this was her first time snorkelling!)
We had lunch and then set sail to another bay (think it was mullet bay) where we all tried out the tarzan swing.......this was good fun!... Diane and captain Trevor are really good on this, doing some impressive somersaults!
I think we got back around 3pm and Diane arranged a taxi for us to take us back to the Fantasy.

All in all it was a very relaxing, pleasurable day with nice people to chat to. DD especially loved it as she was the only kid on board and got lots of attention. Captain Trevor called her 'first mate shrimp' and let her steer the boat!

We are going back on the Fantasy in 2014 and will probably do this trip again. I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're after good snorkelling but for a good laugh on the Tarzan swing I would say....Go for it!!:)

Just a word of warning!!!! I booked and paid a deposit for this trip 10 months out and when I checked in with Diane a month before she had no record of our booking. Thankfully, she still had spaces so we were still able to go. She told me that she was having trouble with paypal so I would contact and pay your deposit directly to her.

Any other questions, I will try my best to answer!

Kim:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter