• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone here done the priceline name your price?

Mother Cardinal 2

Earning My Ears
My husband suggested looking into this seeing as what will kill us is the cost of airfare. The only thing is they want you to put in your credit/debit card info in order to give you a price and I refuse to do that until I have heard from others that have used it and had some success with it.

My husband suggested looking into this seeing as what will kill us is the cost of airfare. The only thing is they want you to put in your credit/debit card info in order to give you a price and I refuse to do that until I have heard from others that have used it and had some success with it.

Because you are bidding. There are 2 ways to do priceline & one way is name your own price & if you do the name your own price you have bought it, if you bid is accepted (hotel, plane ticket or car rental) no refunds. Or they have kinda a expedia/travelocity type way.

Kae

One of my best friends uses it almost exclusively for Disney trips. She did a lot of research, and crosschecked the hotels in the area to the descriptions on priceline (I guess they tell you things like "5 Star Resort in Downtown Disney area with 3 pools and view of XYZ" but not the actual name of the hotel). So she is confident that she knows what she is getting (and I don't think she ever bids on anything less than 4 or 5 star). They've always stayed at great properties.

I'm still a little scared to try it - I don't like leaving things up to chance, even limited and researched chance. :)

I actually worked at a call center for Priceline - 7 years ago- but still. I was in the "air travel service dept" A. You don't get to pick your times / airlines. you can arrive at 7 am or midnight! B. you can't change or cancel it. You get what you get. Period. C. If the airlines change their schedule, a lot of times they wont help you since you booked thru Priceline. You have to call Priceline. D. They can give you diff airlines w a layover. Ex. You fly delta to pittsburgh and then you fly united to Orlando. It just makes it tricky if a flights delayed or there is a change in schedule. E. I've also heard of people not having enough time on layovers. Like a half hour. Which will make some ppl panic! Or again could be a problem if a flights delayed. All I am saying is you better be VERY careful when using Priceline Name your own price. I am certain some ppl have had positive experiences. Obviously only ppl w problems would call! Know what your getting into and understand the conditions! Things could have changed since I have been there. Check and double check you put the info in right! If you put the wrong airport, your toast! I don't use it myself, But I can get a direct flight for $100! It might be worth it if you live far and tickets are $$$$. Just use EXTREME caution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter