has anyone here been to the Vera Bradley outlet sale that is coming up ... question

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
am I nuts to consider taking a child in a stroller? Is there room to navigate the stroller. I have not been there, but I have always wanted to go, but I would prob have to take my baby.

I don't think it will be a problem. I see people with kids in strollers every year. At times it is very crowded, and maybe someone who has recently gone with a stroller will be able to share their recent experience. My kids are older now, and I have not personally gone with a stroller for about 10 years.

The only problem you might have is if the entrance line is very long, sometimes they wind the queue up and down a flight of stairs in the entryway. Not sure what they do with people who have strollers in that case.

Have fun if you go! Fort Wayne is my hometown. I go every year with my sister and sister-in-law, and we do a girls only shopping trip.

Gretchen

What are the prices like? Are they better deals than we see here on the budget board from time to time? (like the hipster for $12 last week?) (I'm always trying to decide if it's worth the drive from Indy.)

I've never been but already have my ticket to go this year. (the Friday of the sale). I can't wait. I've heard some of the women can be ruthless and take things right out of your hands if you're not careful.

What are the prices like? Are they better deals than we see here on the budget board from time to time? (like the hipster for $12 last week?) (I'm always trying to decide if it's worth the drive from Indy.)

From Indy I would drive up on Sunday. If they do like normal anything left on Sunday afternoon the price cuts even more.

From Indy I would drive up on Sunday. If they do like normal anything left on Sunday afternoon the price cuts even more.

You don't think all the 'good' stuff would be gone?

Can someone post when this sale is? I live about an hour from Fort Wayne and am thinking about going this year. I had a friend of mine pick me up a VB purse at last year's sale and now I am hooked!!! I know it is usually at the end of April or beginning of May, but don't know the specific dates!

I went two years ago...and I did see plenty of people with strollers... BUT I would think your life would be much much easier without it. Ours (in Charlotte, NC) was incredibly crowded...

As to the ruthless people?! Yes. I literally watched a woman punch another woman in the face over a black diaper bag. Really. Seriously. It was ridiculous.

As to prices? I bought about $350 worth of stuff...gave away a ton as Christmas gifts...and sold the rest on ebay and made about $850. They had belts for a $1...small wallets for $3...handbags for $6...etc. The fistfight-worthy diapers were originally priced at $110 and they were $30 I think...

Good luck!

~ Cailyn

I'd love to sell some on ebay but I don't know enough about them. I'd probably end up buying expensive junk no one wanted. I was thinking of buying Christmas presents though.

I live in Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio area and have been 3 times and twice in the same weekend and planning on going again this year. I would not take a stroller if it were me. Too many people and very boring for a child in a stroller. I also have never seen anyone grab anything out of any one's hands. I never seen or experienced any kind of violence or ill behaved people.

The only thing that bugs me is seeing people w/so much stuff they only purchased to re-sell. I am only there for my own personal things or gifts. So, if I just want one of something and the next person has 10 or 20, I find that rude!

IMHO....

yes, the more I think of it... the less adventurous I feel. I know people who stood in line over an hour just to pay. My husband frequently has business that way.... I am wondering if we could go together, take turns with baby and we could both do our thing. We'll have to see whats going on that week.

[I have been to the sale only once and instantly fell in love with it. Last year was my first time and we drove about 3 hours on sunday to get to it. The prices were great! The most that I personally paid for a purse was $15.00. I got several eye glass cases and small make up bags for a dollar each. They had pj's for a dollar. Off the top of my head the most expensive wallet I bought was 10.00. We registered online ahead of time. Cost is 5.00. I spent a little over a hundred and regretted putting back a lot of the great deals I had. We went on sunday because it is the best deals possible and it is what is left over but we were told that they do keep stuff back to put out on sunday morning. There was more expensive purses there but I didn't like the design of them. We did get there before the doors opened (about an hour early) and we did have to wait after the doors opened about 50 minutes. Everyone was very friendly. I would recommend a stroller if you have to take your baby. It may be a little harder to get to the tables but whenever anyone asked me for something I handed it to them. You do have to pay to park but I don't remember how much. They only let so many people in at a time,thats where the wait comes from. The longest part will be checking out, but honestly its kinda of exciting. I would highly recommend you going. Everything is very organized inside. Make sure you register ahead of time though.The line to register was crazy!!! There really isn't any food inside except for vending machines. I paid 4 dollars for a bottle of water. I don't know how the other days sorry.[/I]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter