Has anyone here been to Pat O'briens lately?

Planogirl

I feel the nerd in me stirring
I'm thinking of throwing this one into the mix this year. I do love me some gumbo and jambalaya. :)

does 3 years ago count?

i know some of the regular posters have been there more recently than i have.
hopefully they will see your thread and help out.

didn't want to see your question get buried by no responses.
this post will push your thread back to the top.

i'll come back and bump you again tomorrow if you don't get replies today.

Thanks for bumping but those people must not be around. I have until August. ;)

i'm thinking patster has been there.
i'll send him a pm to ask him.
thought donaldduck52 was there before also.
i'll try to help you out.

when i went it was 3 years back.
nothing wrong with the place, drinks were good.

We went there last December. They give you a complementary "Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane" drink and glass on your birthday. The bartender was nice and attentive. Nice atmosphere and a good time. We didn't eat here, but we had a few drinks, and were all amazing. Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane, Pat O’s Rainstorm, and Rainbow were amazing and strong! I want to say those specialty drinks were around $10 each. I heard the food was good and that it's a piano bar, but when we went unfortunately, no one was playing on the piano!

I've never dined there, but we'll try to hang out there and have drinks in the Dueling Piano Bar if we get the time. We did it on our last trip, back in 2010. Unfortunately, I can't comment on the dining area or the food.

We went there last December. They give you a complementary "Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane" drink and glass on your birthday. The bartender was nice and attentive. Nice atmosphere and a good time. We didn't eat here, but we had a few drinks, and were all amazing. Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane, Pat O’s Rainstorm, and Rainbow were amazing and strong! I want to say those specialty drinks were around $10 each. I heard the food was good and that it's a piano bar, but when we went unfortunately, no one was playing on the piano!

The reason why their specialty drinks are so expensive is because it comes in a souvenier glass which is mentioned in the fine print. I believe that you can request a non-souvenier glass which drops off $2, $3 or $4 dollars off the price. If you do pay full price, be sure to tell your server that you want to keep the glass.

Hi - This is one of our favorite places to eat and hang out. Every Tuesday Pat O's has "two for Tuesday" which means you get two drinks for the price of one (including Hurricanes) and certain appetizers are half price. The outside courtyard is very pretty and made to look just like New Orleans. There are two fountains that spout both water and fire - very pretty and a wonderful atmosphere. There is an inside bar which is also nice but lacks the atmosphere of the outside courtyard. The piano bar is a lot of fun with the dueling pianos and I believe you can get in prior to 9pm without paying a cover charge. You can order drinks and food (including the half price apps on Tuesdays) either outside or in the piano bar. This is a never miss place for us! Hope you have a great time!

Hi - This is one of our favorite places to eat and hang out. Every Tuesday Pat O's has "two for Tuesday" which means you get two drinks for the price of one (including Hurricanes) and certain appetizers are half price. The outside courtyard is very pretty and made to look just like New Orleans. There are two fountains that spout both water and fire - very pretty and a wonderful atmosphere. There is an inside bar which is also nice but lacks the atmosphere of the outside courtyard. The piano bar is a lot of fun with the dueling pianos and I believe you can get in prior to 9pm without paying a cover charge. You can order drinks and food (including the half price apps on Tuesdays) either outside or in the piano bar. This is a never miss place for us! Hope you have a great time!

I agree with all the above.They do make one of the strongest Hurricanes I ever tasted,all top shelf rum.As far as food,I always get the Crawfish Etouffee - Fresh sauteed Crawfish Tails smothered in a rich Etouffee Sauce over a bed of white rice topped with Andouille sausage,a bit spicy but so yummy!!

Two related questions....

1) Has anybody gone into the Piano Bar part of Pat O'Briens with under-21 teens? I would love for my teens to be able to experience that. I think they'd really enjoy it....one is a piano player herself, and I think she'd find it inspiring. Based on the website, it looks like the piano players start at 5 p.m. and it doesn't switch over to 21 and over until 9 p.m. so would they be allowed in until 9? If we do this, should we plan to eat dinner in there or just stop by for drinks/snacks to watch for a while?

2) How does Pat O'Brien's compare to Jellyrolls at Disney? (We love Jellyrolls....wondering if Pat O'Brien's is pretty much the same.)

Thanks!

We went two years ago and most recently last April.....the food was actually pretty good!....the portions were rather large, and I would always suggest someting with the N'awlins kick to it....The Po Boy sandwiches were awesome...and if you drink, you cant leave unless you try a Hurricaine (it's their staple drink)....dont drink them too fast...they WILL creep up on you! (lol-found that out the hard way)...if the piano player is not performing, they usually have great Jazz or Blues pumping in the place....they make it festive, but also very relaxing...also, both times we went, the bartender gave us fresh, clean glasses to take home even though it wasnt our birthdays...he got a nice tip!....I hope you have a great expierence...tis place is one of the better stops at Citi-Walk!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter