Has anyone heard anything about what is going on with 1900 park fare

I thought they were redoing the GF lobby and expected to reopen after? I might have lost track though if the story changed.
That's what I had heard too, but now they have delayed the lobby remodel until sometime next year, so I don't know if that means 1900 is on hold too or not.

The lobby is a mess, and I highly doubt they will open until all of that is done. Was just there in July and honestly it looked awful. The rooms above are being worked on and had big shades covering all the walkways, the floor of lobby raw ... I would be pretty upset if I were booked right now.

I saw it posted that this is going to be cleaned up for the Christmas holiday for tree & gingerbread house, and then work will commence in January. What a long time for a mess. If that is the case it might not open until later in spring.

1693342579818.png

More pics and info ~

https://blogmickey.com/2023/08/construction-walls-expand-to-new-section-of-grand-floridian-lobby-for-refurbishment-project/

We just got home from there. We overheard someone asking about the Tea Room and the cast member said to keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for information. Seems like they have plans for both spaces, but are waiting to announce.

The CL rooms are expected to open around September 19th. Perhaps they will post something then?

It seems strange they would wait until the lobby refurbishment is completed to open it back up. I mean, it's behind closed doors, and they could refurbish it at any time without guests even noticing, bar a bit of noise maybe, but that's been going on the entire time throughout the resort anyways. The Tea Room makes more sense since it is open to the lobby itself. They will also have to refurb Grand Floridian Cafe, maybe that once that happens we will see 1900 open back up.

I'm hoping they'll share an update soon. We have great memories dining there and would like it to reopen.

The GF lobby is now back open so hopefully we will see something soon. I was there just a few days ago and then poof! the next day the lobby was open. Wasn't expecting that. It didn't have carpet or anything - must be Disney magic.

The GF lobby is now back open so hopefully we will see something soon. I was there just a few days ago and then poof! the next day the lobby was open. Wasn't expecting that. It didn't have carpet or anything - must be Disney magic.
It still had carpet, they just covered the floors with plywood to protect it.

I’m a little grumpy about it tbh, we were there until 8/28 and it looked absolutely horrible. If our trip was a few days later it would have reopened and our hotel experience would have been so much nicer.

I’m a little grumpy about it tbh, we were there until 8/28 and it looked absolutely horrible. If our trip was a few days later it would have reopened and our hotel experience would have been so much nicer.
If you had waited a month, you could run into the outer building power washing and painting, just like we will! 😢

I know this stuff has to be done, just not very happy about paying extra for a water view balcony which will probably be unusable for 1/2 our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter