• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had this problem on Southwest's website?

jtowntoflorida

Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney
We're taking a flight today (not to Disney). I've been a member of Global Entry for a few years now, so that makes me eligible for PreCheck. Though I know that having GE doesn't automatically mean I'll get PreCheck, I've had a 100% inclusion rate since getting it.

So I go to print our boarding passes last night, and no PreCheck. WAH. Although I know it's not guaranteed, I still want to know why I didn't get it. I double-check my personal information on southwest.com. I notice they have my Known Traveler Number in the Redress Number field. Huh? I try to update it. Nope, didn't work. I call Southwest and have to have a representative delete the number in the Redress Number field for me. She says to log out and log back in and it will update. I do that, and it doesn't work. Redress Number is still filled in with my Known Traveler Number. Grrr. So I decide to wait until this morning and recheck. Go in, Redress Number field is blank. YAY! But now I notice that my Known Traveler Number is incorrect...they have my HOME PHONE NUMBER in that field. No wonder I didn't get PreCheck. So I update that, which takes.

I've seen lots of complaints about Southwest's new website, but I don't think I've flown on them since they updated it. So just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen, and also wanted to give a warning to anyone with a Known Traveler Number to go in and make sure everything is correct on Southwest's website. I know it was correct as of my last Southwest flight, which was before the website update, because I was given PreCheck then. It's so bizarre that everything in my profile got so screwed up as a result of a website overhaul!

Odd.

With Alaska and United we have to manually enter his Global Entry number every time he checks in, or he doesn't get Pre. Doesn't matter that it's saved in his profile. It has to be entered each time.

My Known Traveler Number is in the right spot. Sounds like this issue is specific to your account.

Yeah, it was just so weird that those numbers wound it in the wrong fields. It doesn't appear that Southwest even lists a home number in your personal information anymore.

The good thing is that I just couldn't let it go, so I called Southwest, the agent on the phone entered my traveler number in some sort of background system, and told me to go and reprint my boarding passes, and that they should have PreCheck on them now. So I did, and that totally worked. Not that PreCheck is that big of a deal, but I'm traveling alone with two young kids in the evening so I want to make the security process as easy as possible. Not having to take off shoes or deal with my laptop will help a lot tonight. Plus, the PreCheck lines at Terminal 2 at MSP are pretty much non-existent.

Odd.

With Alaska and United we have to manually enter his Global Entry number every time he checks in, or he doesn't get Pre. Doesn't matter that it's saved in his profile. It has to be entered each time.

That is really odd. Both my husband and I have Global Entry and once we entered our KTN on UA's website, it has always been there. Have you called UA to complain?

Oddly enough I got PreCheck last Friday but never went through the procedures to get it.

Oddly enough I got PreCheck last Friday but never went through the procedures to get it.

We've gotten pre-check on about half of our flights the last few years. Sometimes only one of us gets it, sometimes both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter