has anyone had these pains?

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
hi everyone--for the last couple of weeks i have had bad pain in my lower back,and sometimes wrapping around up to my stomach..i had a CT scan that came back negative for problems, and just had ultrasound done friday, so no results. this morning i woke up and the pain on my lower right side of my back is worse..it hurts when i walk or twist or cough...
i am gonna go to the dr tomorrow morning, but i was hoping some of you guys would have ideas....

Pain like that could be a lot of things. A few that come to mind are an ovarian cyst and endometriosis. I've had cysts where the pain has moved depending on what the cyst is pressing against at the time. I'm not sure if either of these would show in a CT scan. The cyst would show on an ultra sound but endo may or may not.

I hope your doctor is able to find out what the problem is and treat is quickly and easily.

Sending some PD your way.

thanks..i appreciate it..i know im going to dr tomorrow, its just the pain got worse and i got scared! :) thanks alot

It could be a lot of things but what you said reminded me of what happens when my sciatic nerve is irritated. The first time it happened the doctor's thought I had appendicitis because of the pain radiating around to the right lower part of the abdomen.

It wasn't until I had an MRI that the cause (Digenerative Disk Disease) was revealed.

Best of luck in finding out what's causing this.

Roberta

I'm going through similar issues myself. My pain is predominantly in my lower right abdomen, but radiates to my lower right back. A CT and/or an ultrasound should have detected a cyst, but wouldn't have shown endometriosis. That's what my Gyn. thinks that I have. He's currently treating me with continuous birth control, but if the pain doesn't completely go away he'll be doing laproscopic surgery (the only difinative way to diagnose endometriosis). Some of the other symptoms are/can be that the pain is cyclical, you have painful periods, have heavy or irregular periods. Good luck, I know how frustrating this kind of pain can be.

My pain is the same, just on my left side. They are still trying to figure out what the cause is. Hope you get some answers and you can enjoy your trip!

thank you guys so much for your responses..its my first trip going without family and now my mom is nervous because i feel so miserable! she keeps trying to talk me into going to the ER

seems alot of us are in pain...hope you guys all feel better

Sounds like the type of pain I had when I had kidney stones! I think they would show up on a CT scan tho....

Hope you feel better soon!

cros-thanks..i am getting up early and calling the dr to get in early morning...see what she wants me to do..thanks for your help!

I just had these pains and actually posted about it on the DIS.
Turns out I have irritable bowel and an ovarian cyst.
Definitely get it checked out!

I just went to the dr. Friday with pains in my right upper addomen and have an ultrasound scheduled for in the morning. So, I know nothing right now that would possibly help. LOL Good luck to you in finding out what's wrong. Hope you, and I, and everyone else suffering :wave: find out what is going on soon!
Hugs,
Sherry

Sorry to hear you Diser's having trouble & being in pain. You might want to have your doctor's check into the possibility of a retrocecal appendix. This type of problem can lead to acute appendicitis. The appendix rolls up behind the colon & sometimes folds onto itself. Pain can be on your lower right side just above your hip bone. Hopefully your docs did some blood tests on you. Sometimes, these blood tests will be absolutely normal. You see, there's about a 12 -24 hour when your body discovers there's a problem & starts to react. Your labs will be normal. Sometime later they will start to be abnormal. This retrocecal appendix should get picked up on a good CT scan, but not always! Oh side note here: I'm a surgical registered nurse & live this daily (unfortunately).

Also, this right sided pain can be a problem with your gallbladder. GB pain can radiate along your right side, to your back & even up along your shoulder blade on the right. I've even known some people that have left sided pain along the shoulder blade. Your GB is tucked up underneath your liver. An ultrasound & x-ray will ONLY show the structure of the GB. Usually it looks fine. However, you need to have a hepatobiliary scan. This will show the Function of the gallbladder (we call this a decidascan = decide-a-if-you-get-it-out). Usually it's the function of the gallbladder that's bad. Ejection fraction will be bad. If you get this scan, be sure to let them know you feel like your gonna vomit when you've been given the dye. This is a sure fire sign it's bad.

Hope some of this helps somebody!

thanks everyone..im gonna go bright and early tomorrow..
daughterofamid-i remember reading your posts when you were sick....didnt even think to ask you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter