Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

The only reservation I really wanted was Trader Sam's. Got up early every morning at the 60 day mark. Nothing. All spots all times taken before I could even try. I guess we'll try the walk up list...
I tried that today and I’m getting an error message on the website and app. Hopefully I can still grab one!

I tried that today and I’m getting an error message on the website and app. Hopefully I can still grab one!
Ahhh. This is so stressful. 🤣🤣 So are we all just checking every single morning? Ha
My first night became available tonight and of course no Trader Sam’s! Ha
Is this how every morning at 9 EST will be like for the week??

Ahhh. This is so stressful. 🤣🤣 So are we all just checking every single morning? Ha
My first night became available tonight and of course no Trader Sam’s! Ha
Is this how every morning at 9 EST will be like for the week??
It looks like Trader Sams, Riverbelle Fantasmic Premium, and a few other hard to get reservations are dropping early for some people on certain servers on the website. If you read back a few pages he explains it better than I can. That's why by 6am they're gone before we even have access. :(

Consistently every day? I've been checking it every single day and it has never been available for me, not once. I can't understand what's going on. :(
I was scanning through the thread, and at risk of stepping somewhere I don't belong:

Are you trying for River Belle Fantasmic every day? It looks like it's only available as a package on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The "Search Times" button is grayed out on other days because it's not available. (If it's sold out, the time will display, but it'll come up empty on a search.)

Here is all I know..

I was booking reservations august 12-19th for October 11-18.

The first couple days I used the app right at 6am pst time and I was able to book anytime I wanted including a trader sams.

I then started reading in here folks seeing opening earlier.. so using safari on the disneyland site- no the app, but on my phone, I was able to start booking between 3-5am. Sometimes they were open that early and sometimes they weren't. Riverbelle premium was open on October 15 around 3am pst for me using Safari. I noticed that even tho they were open early for me, the times were limited and more deff opened at 6am.

A couple days after I made all my reservations I was awake so decided to try and it wasn't letting me book before 6am.

We are in central time zone and I am booked at DLH.

I didn't make a single reservation from my PC.

I was scanning through the thread, and at risk of stepping somewhere I don't belong:

Are you trying for River Belle Fantasmic every day? It looks like it's only available as a package on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. The "Search Times" button is grayed out on other days because it's not available. (If it's sold out, the time will display, but it'll come up empty on a search.)
I've been trying everyday just in case, but guessed they would only be doing the shows on the weekends. If you look at the earlier dates it shows the week nights as grayed out, so I figured!

Even for weekend days, though, the Search Times didn't pop up for me until right at 6am. It's very odd how the app/website acts different depending on the person.

I was able to get River Belle premium for Oct 2nd around 5am. I am pacific time zone, Oregon, I was on the app. Dining opened for me early multiple days.
Shoot! Well, I've run out of clues and conjectures! I think access to early booking (before 6am) is just random. Waaaaay back someone gave a techy suggestion about servers. Maybe it's that, or maybe it's just random when they decide to release them.

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions other than camping out on the website and app, please let me know!

Waaaaay back someone gave a techy suggestion about servers.
That was me. Total speculation on the randomness of it - someone asked if it might be regional, but it seems like people are getting access around the country. My guess is it's one random server - but it's hard to tell because there's so little data (consistent user experiences) to say one way or the other.

The other thought I had, again total speculation, was whether having a Disney resort reservation might give you early access on the days of your stay. And I wondered that before this:

We are in central time zone and I am booked at DLH.

(Or, if it was some kind of user affiliation on the account - eg, DVC, MK, etc - but I figured it wasn't worth asking people to post more personal details.)

Unfortunately, there's just a lot of puzzle pieces.

That was me. Total speculation on the randomness of it - someone asked if it might be regional, but it seems like people are getting access around the country. My guess is it's one random server - but it's hard to tell because there's so little data (consistent user experiences) to say one way or the other.

The other thought I had, again total speculation, was whether having a Disney resort reservation might give you early access on the days of your stay. And I wondered that before this:

(Or, if it was some kind of user affiliation on the account - eg, DVC, MK, etc - but I figured it wasn't worth asking people to post more personal details.)

Unfortunately, there's just a lot of puzzle pieces.
I think I've hit that point myself! I feel bad I bothered as many folks as I did. And I still can't seem to put any rhyme or reason to it. There's really no pattern that I can see. If you ever figure it out, I'm definitely dying to know!

Tortilla Jo's just populated times for September all the way and through the 60 day window (Oct 29). Not usually a priority for most, but it was missing from the choices until today. We will be there on Monday for our traditional lunch before returning home.

Mike

Day 27283939393 waiting for blue bayou fantasmic to drop for October.

Kidding. Kinda.
So they haven't released October yet? So confusing. Is the food good or is it just the ambience that's all the rage? I've never eaten there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter