Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I don't know what is going on with them, but I have been making reservations every morning for a week at 5 am CST (6 eastern, 3 PST) and that is when they have been opening. For some reason yesterday they didn't open until 8 am CST (9 EST, 6 PST)

Check in 30 minutes and I bet they are open.

Yesterday was extra frustrating for me because I wanted a hard to get reservation for 11 at Napa Rose and I checked 3 million times to see when they would open!

Yes, it looks like today they waited until 8 central. OMG. I mean...I set the alarm for 4:50 and the coffee was gone by 7 when I could have slept in! Way to keep us guessing DL lol

We have reservations at Plaza Inn Character breakfast next week. We booked for 7 but now have an 8th person on the trip. I know sometimes you can add a person when you check in... Has anyone ever done this at Plaza Inn?

Our back up option is to cancel this reservation and go with just our smaller family (we also have reservation booked for 3 on a different day).

Finally, does anyone know what the cost has been running for the Plaza Inn breakfast per adult?
We went the day after Christmas and had to add 2 more adults to our party. They accomodated it no problem. We had to wait maybe 10 to 15 minutes to be seated, but was not an issue. The cost was $42 per adult.

Does anyone know if Magic Key Terrace is taking reservations? I've been checking the site and can't even check for availability. (Feb 2nd) Is it currently walk-ups? Thanks!
Just because I ate there this week and saw clues as to what was going on (if anyone's curious):

I'm under the impression that MKT is walk-up only at this point. Over the last couple of weeks, I saw basically every ADR show up at least once (minus Blue Bayou), but not MKT. And that's weird - spots were pretty widely available for prior to January 12th or 13th, then they just stopped.

This week, walk-ups opened up at 12:30pm on the dot. I was prepared for that, snagged one at 12:30pm, and was seated a few minutes later. There was one other party there in an otherwise empty terrace. (That makes me think MKT opens at 12:30pm.) A few more folks strolled in thereafter, but it wasn't full while I was there. For most of the days this week, it seemed like it was pretty widely available for walk-ups throughout the afternoon. (Admittedly, this was a "quieter" week than average.)

Btw - I was there solo, and the app forced me to go on the walk-up list with a party of 2. (ADRs were the same way when they were available.) I told the CM at check-in that I was having that issue - and he indicated that it should have let me reserve as a party of 1 - they weren't intentionally blocking that. He fixed the reservation and let me head upstairs, so it was all good.

Last edited:

I am planning a last minute trip to CA with my daughter for winter break next month. We are doing two nights at DLH. I know I am LTTP but I have been having no luck with reservations. I just want a Monte Cristo! 😅

cafe orleans seems to have walk up availability each day but we will be going on Presidents Day, which I am sure will be packed. Any tips for me?!

Is there anyone looking for an Oga's reservation for Wednesday 2 February? I have a reservation for 2 people for 5.30pm which I will be cancelling in the next few days. PM me and we can try to co ordinate a time when we will both be online.

I am planning a last minute trip to CA with my daughter for winter break next month. We are doing two nights at DLH. I know I am LTTP but I have been having no luck with reservations. I just want a Monte Cristo! 😅

cafe orleans seems to have walk up availability each day but we will be going on Presidents Day, which I am sure will be packed. Any tips for me?!
Check the app starting two days before and especially the day before. There is always an abundance of reservations as people’s plans change and they cancel to avoid the penalty. I have seen Cafe Orleans pop up the day before. You have to check often and be quick to grab something when you see it.

Just because I ate there this week and saw clues as to what was going on (if anyone's curious):

I'm under the impression that MKT is walk-up only at this point. Over the last couple of weeks, I saw basically every ADR show up at least once (minus Blue Bayou), but not MKT. And that's weird - spots were pretty widely available for prior to January 12th or 13th, then they just stopped.

This week, walk-ups opened up at 12:30pm on the dot. I was prepared for that, snagged one at 12:30pm, and was seated a few minutes later. There was one other party there in an otherwise empty terrace. (That makes me think MKT opens at 12:30pm.) A few more folks strolled in thereafter, but it wasn't full while I was there. For most of the days this week, it seemed like it was pretty widely available for walk-ups throughout the day. (Admittedly, this was a "quieter" week than average.)

Btw - I was there solo, and the app forced me to go on the walk-up list with a party of 2. (ADRs were the same way when they were available.) I told the CM at check-in that I was having that issue - and he indicated that it should have let me reserve as a party of 1 - they weren't intentionally blocking that. He fixed the reservation and let me head upstairs, so it was all good.

Thank you for the details! I'm going to give it a try!

Can anyone tell me if Oga's Cantina has walkup availability generally? I can't get a reservation for our planned March trip but want to go.

Also...Storyteller's Cafe vs Goofy's Kitchen for character breakfast? I'd prefer Plaza Inn but nothing available right now.

When are you looking? Storyteller's and Goofy's have availability every day of my trip (Feb 20-25)...or did yesterday anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter