Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Think I'm going to cancel my $86 10:00pm OBB dessert party and have my own $30 LBB 10:45pm dessert party by making a 10:45pm reservation at LaBrea Bakery and having cake or cheesecake and a glass of cab. Just don't want to give Disney the extra money after today.

Think I'm going to cancel my $86 10:00pm OBB dessert party and have my own $30 LBB 10:45pm dessert party by making a 10:45pm reservation at LaBrea Bakery and having cake or cheesecake and a glass of cab. Just don't want to give Disney the extra money after today.
That's not the worst idea - plenty of ways to get sweets at DL! My kids will make us go through a bunch of treat trails anyway so we'll have a big bag of candy at that point.

I'm having trouble understanding the justification for a $86 dessert party to get parade viewing access at a hard ticket event where the prime reason to go is limited capacity. Shouldn't the limited capacity mean its easy to get a spot for the parade? I mean, I love a seat, and I have paid for almost every dessert/dining package Disney has thrown at me over the years, but this has me really questioning the value.

Well, hours and hours in the middle of the night, but in the end we got both the Trader Sam's time and the Plaza Inn time we wanted. But, that pretty much ruined me. I'm glad I don't have to worry about it any more.
Would you happen to know where the Trader Sam's reserved dining is? Outside, inside, or both? ADisneyFamof5 posted above that it's outdoor only until 4, so if your reservation is after 4, is there any way to know or request one or the other?

Would you happen to know where the Trader Sam's reserved dining is? Outside, inside, or both? ADisneyFamof5 posted above that it's outdoor only until 4, so if your reservation is after 4, is there any way to know or request one or the other?
I think this is the $64000 question -- and one we likely won't know until after August 15th, when the first reservations start, despite all the speculation.

I'm beyond frustrated with this process. My dates are Oct 8-10 so the 60 day window should have opened a couple days ago. Still trying to get Oga's and Savi's and its impossible to tell if Oga's has released slots for those days or not. On the 60 day mark at 6am ET there were no hours up beyond like Oct 1, then at some point the hours appeared, but there were no openings. I was on the east coast so was able to check early and frequently, but I'm still not sure if I missed them all or they just didn't open reservations yet.
Savi's seems to not be open for October yet (not dining I know, but same frustrating process) - so do I just check every 10 minutes for the next month until they feel like dropping them? Exhausting.

They've got to fix this soon, its literally the worst guest experience I've had with Disney in decades, and is nearing my Six Flags experience at this point. At least I got a website survey today and was able to give feedback - that was satisfying.
So true. I'm trying to get Blue Bayou on 10/9 for my son's birthday celebration. Waking up so early in the morning (west coast) to check and find nothing is beyond frustrating.

justification for a $86

seat

That's my justification each and every time. The dessert is nice, but after a long day (I'm usually in the parks from 8 or 9am day of the Halloween parties) having a seat is just so so nice. Otherwise it's painful showing up "early" trying to get a good spot. If I could get a pretty good spot only showing up maybe three or four minutes before it starts, maybe I would skip it, but I'm not standing around 10 or 15 minutes and then the duration of the parade... it's killer. (Plus I'm a solo adult or with a friend, maybe if I had kids it would be a different story)

Does anyone have any idea of Blue Bayou or Café Orleans have released reservations for 60 days out? I've been trying to make reservations for October 9 for the past two days, without any luck (even waking up every hour for the past two nights checking).
I have been trying for BB on October 9th as well over the last two days and there has been nothing available. I have been up at 2:30am checking and then again at 5:00am and then at 7:00am and…nada. I saw it switch from no hours of operation showing right before 5:00am CST to specific hours of operation showing after 5:00am and I felt like that would be my trigger to grab a reservation but…sigh…nothing. So I’m with everyone else on here…left wondering if I just missed out or no times have been made available yet. Disneyland…you are breaking my spirit with this nonsense. We are all pros on those boards and if we can’t figure it out…who could?!

That's my justification each and every time. The dessert is nice, but after a long day (I'm usually in the parks from 8 or 9am day of the Halloween parties) having a seat is just so so nice. Otherwise it's painful showing up "early" trying to get a good spot. If I could get a pretty good spot only showing up maybe three or four minutes before it starts, maybe I would skip it, but I'm not standing around 10 or 15 minutes and then the duration of the parade... it's killer. (Plus I'm a solo adult or with a friend, maybe if I had kids it would be a different story)

Yeah, I put a very high value on a seat. We are rope drop to close people and I have some hip/leg issues that make me very sore by the end of the day. I've paid for all the other parties for that reason - for our family of 4. The rest of my family cares less about sitting and desserts, and my kids are 9 and 12 so now both count as Disney adults.

Having already paid for 4 Bash tickets... $80+ for desserts and a seat seems insane. Seems like a parade you shouldn't have to camp out for a spot at, especially at DCA where things are spread out.

ETA: This is all a moot point since my night has both the dinner and dessert party sold out. I bought OBB tickets months ago but somehow missed that these extras were happening. Would have been nice to send an email to ticket holders or something.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people that enjoys the "extras" , be in dining packages , WOC dessert party , after hours events , etc.
Value is such a tricky thing here , for me value comes in the form of experiences. I like to try things out , I'm beginning to venture into making a dedicated vlog and instagram channel for my love of disney and solo adventures now as that is how I do Disney 99% of the time now due to my shift work schedule. Often these extras are useful to me because for example I can't have someone hold a seat for a parade for me for hours or stake out a good fireworks spot ( more at WDW and pre covid) .

I would do the WOC dessert party every..single..trip , about 6 to 8 times a year and people called me crazy but I LOVE WOC and also those seats were amazing.
Now I am in no way comparing this experience to that however since I'm only doing one OBB this year , Being able to be in a good spot to view everything , take a small break , get good pictures and video and give feedback to others , all that is worth it for me.

I always tell everyone - don't feel like you have to do these extras , that's why they are options not a must do for everyone. And secondly as consumers if you don't think something has sufficient value or merit for you , that is absolutely okay and vote with your wallet as they say. I do agree DLR is way behind efficiency vs WDW in terms of rolling our reservation times however it has been this way for YEARS. The 60 day mark here has never always been a steadfast rule like 180 days has been at WDW so long. It is absoloutely frustrating and just so happens I live on the west coast and have to be up early for work so I have the luxury of time but do agree they need to figure out a common time and stick with it.

isn’t it cheaper to rent a scooter and buy some dessert if the seat is the most important thing?

Thanks to this thread I was able to book Storytellers for October 8. I needed 7am as we are flying out that day. Searched for "Breakfast" and 8:45 was the earliest. Searched on "7:00am" and, don't you know, there were like three earlier times that popped up including 7am. I don't understand this 'system' at all! LOL

Tangential question - I made dining reservations. I'm going with my partner and he wants to see the reservations in his Disneyland app. Can you do that? He got an error message when he put in the confirmation number and my name saying that reservation was already linked to my account. We were able to get our hotel reservation in both apps but so far no luck with dining.

Cafe Orleans times released for 10/9 this morning. Now just waiting to see when Blue Bayou releases. At least we have Cafe Orleans booked in case we miss out on BB.

We also found Wine Country Trattoria times for 10/10 released today too. When looking yesterday, I was getting an error message from both the app and the website.

Is something wrong with the DL site? I'm having trouble making a dining reservation.

That's why we are all here. We are all having trouble making dining reservations. :sad2:

I was up at 3 am again trying to get Trader Sam's for 9/27 but the hours are still only posted up to 9/15..

So the saga of trying to book 6 dining reservations continues! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter