Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Does anyone know what's going on with Carthay Circle Lounge? I've been trying to get reservations for the last week of August but "there are no schedules available" as of July 19. I'd rather book Carthay Circle Restaurant but it's not open yet.

Is there a reason the dates after September 5th (Labor Day) are showing up as selectable but show zero availability anywhere?

Is there a reason the dates after September 5th (Labor Day) are showing up as selectable but show zero availability anywhere?
That's just how it's been. Unfortunately. Basically, for most people, we've been able to book between 45-60 days out, but it's never consistent and usually not for all restaurants at once. Just one of those things you have to be patient with but keep checking.

I'm still waiting on September 6. As far as I can tell, nothing has been released for that day. Every restaurant says "There are no schedules available for the date selected." It's so weird that the rest of Labor Day weekend has been released and they are holding back Monday. For the rest of the weekend, you can search individual times, but for Monday the whole thing is just closed. Anybody have a clue what's going on? I'm not upset about it, as I kind of enjoy the thrill of the hunt, but I'm curious about the reasons.
This is me. We are going the 3rd thru the 8th. I was able to get a few things for the 4th and 5th but nothing since. So frustrating!!

Does anyone know for sure do they typically open at midnight, 7 a.m.? I don't mind checking but it would be nice to know.

Does anyone know for sure do they typically open at midnight, 7 a.m.? I don't mind checking but it would be nice to know.

Quite honestly, I don't know where that started and haven't found any credible evidence to support it. I've checked randomly at all times throughout the day. It's just been hit and miss. I didn't find checking at midnight/3am to be any better than checking during the day.

Quite honestly, I don't know where that started and haven't found any credible evidence to support it. I've checked randomly at all times throughout the day. It's just been hit and miss. I didn't find checking at midnight/3am to be any better than checking during the day.
Yea it is so frustrating because it always used to be 7 a.m. pt. But I don't even know. I look constantly but I don't even know when to look. I have been doing this for years and up till now you knew that you could go on right at 3 a.m. for DW and 7 a.m. for DL but now anything goes. I don't HAVE to have those restaurants but at this point I would just like anything and there is nothing. UGH :(

Just 6 weeks ago, I was able to make reservations for late July for Craftsman Bar and Grill, Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou at 3am pst (they weren't posted 6 hours earlier when I went to sleep on the east coast).

We dropped the Blue Bayou because we didn't like the menu, only selected it because of the atmosphere. I then got lucky mid June to be browsing DIS Message Boards and saw a thread that Oga's opened their reservations at late afternoon 3pm pst. If I didn't see that post, I would have missed it, as most of those reservations were gone later that night.

Week after that, while again on DIS Message Boards, I saw someone post at 1pm pst, that Lamplight Lounge opened up their reservations. Again luckily seeing that post, I was able to reserve a dinner reservation, as if I waited till that night I would have missed out.

It's honestly so crazy how all over the map these reservations systems are popping up. I've just been lucky to see others post about reservations when they became available.

We cancelled our Cafe Orleans reservation, it was an early dinner and I snagged it because it popped up. Our lunch reservation was too close so we dropped Cafe Orleans. Since it was less than 24 hours I actually just searched the calendar and found one in August and just "modified" my reservation to that day, then cancelled without penalty. I was bummed but later that night another Cafe Orleans reservation popped up for the following day that didn't conflict with our lunch.

STILL nothing for Sept 6th and beyond. I sure wish I had a crystal ball to know when they will open those days. Figures it is during my trip. I know a lot of people have had this happen but I have the first 2 days and now nothing for the other 3. I just fear that when it finally opens I will miss it :(

We cancelled our Cafe Orleans reservation, it was an early dinner and I snagged it because it popped up. Our lunch reservation was too close so we dropped Cafe Orleans. Since it was less than 24 hours I actually just searched the calendar and found one in August and just "modified" my reservation to that day, then cancelled without penalty. I was bummed but later that night another Cafe Orleans reservation popped up for the following day that didn't conflict with our lunch.
Not sure why I never thought of that in the event that a less than 24 hr cancelation might be needed, but that's a nice hack. I'm certainly not hoarding ADRs and don't want to cancel any that close if I don't have to, but good to know.

I am going to drop a Cafe Orleans reservation for this Thursday, 7/15 for 5 people at 12:40 PM if anyone would like to coordinate.

I thought I read somewhere (on DISboards) that the cancellation deadline is more "the night before" rather than a firm 24 hours. So if you cancelled a noon reservation at 7 p.m. the night before, for example, that would count as early enough to avoid the fee, even though it's only 17 hours, not 24.
Does anyone know for sure?

I thought I read somewhere (on DISboards) that the cancellation deadline is more "the night before" rather than a firm 24 hours. So if you cancelled a noon reservation at 7 p.m. the night before, for example, that would count as early enough to avoid the fee, even though it's only 17 hours, not 24.
Yes, in my experience you just have to cancel before midnight.

DL could be different than WDW,but when I was at WDW, I couldn't cancel from the app the night before, was after 11 and I didn't want to call. I don't know if I would have been charged the fee, but I did the same thing OP did and just moved the reservation to a different date and then cancelled.

Ok, just got our Oogie Boogie tickets, so we're officially coming this September! I guess now my anxiety transfers to booking dining reservations :D We'll be in the parks Sep 13-17th, so I guess I'll just be checking every day to see if dining reservations open.

I am in the same boat. Secured Oogie Boogie this morning and subsequently have been in and out of the app all day trying to find a dining reservation. Right now I've got the 33 Restaurants with No Availability Blues. Where is my harmonica...

I'm looking for ressies 9/8--9/11. Haven't seen anything available yet. Fingers crossed they load soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter