• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone gotten or planning on getting the vaccine solely because of cruising?

Mainly for travel - figured it would be required to have one - just like getting flu shot and all those others that are good for you - no one wants the alternative !! Now to keep from losing my shot card - had scare yesterday couldn’t find it as I put it where it wouldn’t get lost or damaged - I need to stop doing that - getting too old to tear house apart looking for something !! Found it !

If you ask me to find a pic on my phone you may wish to go have a drink or dinner somewhere I’ll be a while searching thru the ten million Disney pics and all the others trying to find my shot card with my DD telling me how I can set up folders and organize my photos the whole time - you would think she would do this for me ? Matter of fact I think I’ll request that as a belated Mother’s Day add on!! Then I’ll have a backup of my card !!!

I’m SO cruising as soon as it is UP and running back to normal !! Or something close to normal or just running I’m getting desperate 😎

I got it because I wanted it. Being able to travel and cruise is just a bonus feature. DH, on the other hand, isn't necessarily against a vaccination (he HATES needles), but the idea of needing it to cruise thankfully pushes him to suck it up and get it for sure.

I haven’t gotten the vaccine and honestly don’t know if I am. We have had this discussion as a family because we have a cruise booked for May 2022. This cruise has already been rescheduled 2x and we want to go. BUT I am not getting the vaccine just to cruise. If it is needed and I haven’t gotten it, then I guess we go somewhere else.

No but I would be lying if I said that travel wasn't part of the reasons why we decided to be vaccinated ASAP...

And we did book/cancelled cruises based on when we would be fully vaccinated.

Like many other who have already commented. My husband and I got it for travel. We will also get our kids vaccinated for travel as well when that times comes.

I got mine to protect myself and those around me. My 13 year old daughter will be getting her first one this week. Like others have said, traveling is just the bonus part.

I got mine because it is a public health issue and therefore impacts me, my family, and my entire community. The bonus is that, assuming the USs documentation doesn’t screw it all up, I will have easier access to travel.

This! Even if I was low risk I would get it because I know that there are those people that can't get it for health reasons and it would help to protect them.

If you ask me to find a pic on my phone you may wish to go have a drink or dinner somewhere I’ll be a while searching thru the ten million Disney pics and all the others trying to find my shot card with my DD telling me how I can set up folders and organize my photos the whole time - you would think she would do this for me ? Matter of fact I think I’ll request that as a belated Mother’s Day add on!! Then I’ll have a backup of my card !!!

We keep important documents (scans of passports, etc.) on my OneDrive. That now includes a copy of our vaccination cards, and a copy of my state vaccination record that includes the Covid vaccine. Makes them easy to find.

If you don't have OneDrive (www.onedrive.com), it's free, or you can use other similar services from Box, DropBox, Google, etc.

Not a factor in getting the vaccine. I have a parent in a facility that is extremely high risk. I wanted to be able to visit her without as much worry.

However, being vaccinated was a factor allowing me feel comfortable booking our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter