• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone gotten Hyatt MCO via priceline?

RadioFanatic

Mouseketeer<br><font color=6d6b70>SO not a jewelry
Just wondering what the success rate was, average cost through priceline, or if you got stuck at another hotel by accident and how that went. We would like to stay at the Hyatt the night before the cruise so would love some priceline or hotwire hints on how to make sure that happens! Thanks!

Yes, I did this past October. I waited very close to our deparature date. It may have been a week out.

I looked for the star rating and amount of reviews. We were willing to accept any hotel in the star rating if we got stuck with another, but we wanted the Hyatt since we arrived very late that night.

I got it for $54.00 in mid October.

Yes, I did this past October. I waited very close to our deparature date. It may have been a week out.

I looked for the star rating and amount of reviews. We were willing to accept any hotel in the star rating if we got stuck with another, but we wanted the Hyatt since we arrived very late that night.

I got it for $54.00 in mid October.

This was on Hotwire, right?

<

I used priceline for a mid-February date, $54 bid for the MCO airport area with 3.5 stars. I got the Sheraton Suites. But that's a great price for them too!

Yeah, it would be nice to be right at the airport, but we're only a mile away for only $54/night.

We've received the Hyatt MCO through Priceline 5 out of 5 times for a rate of between $45-$49 per night. Our travel months have been May, June, September and October - great for either before our Disney Cruise or Disney World Trip!! I usually bid 4-5 days before our travel date. Once, we needed to stay a 2nd night at the airport because we were flying standby and couldn't get home that night - the Hyatt wanted to charge us $125 for the 2nd night, so we went to the "food court" area, logged on to Priceline w/ our laptop and received the Hyatt for $45.00 for the same night :)

We didn't use Priceline, but with Hotwire, we got the Hyatt MCO for $55 for the night after the cruise (we will be there on 1/30).

We didn't use Priceline, but with Hotwire, we got the Hyatt MCO for $55 for the night after the cruise (we will be there on 1/30).

I was looking at Hotwire for 1-30-10 and there is a four star on there for MCO, but the way Hotwire does things sometimes you can't tell which one it is.

<

I really want the MCO Hyatt Regency for our post-cruise, pre-flight!! But for the date I want on Hotwire, the four star is $185! And it could be the Renaissance. Anyone have any tips? Should I just wait till the last minute?

I really want the MCO Hyatt Regency for our post-cruise, pre-flight!! But for the date I want on Hotwire, the four star is $185! And it could be the Renaissance. Anyone have any tips? Should I just wait till the last minute?

Sometimes they show the TripAdvisor rating on the second page after you select the hotel that you want, but before you actually purchase it. The Hyatt will be rated 4.5 and the Renaissance rated 4.0. Lately they have not been showing any ratings.

<

I also heard the tip that the Renaissance doesn't have rooms for 4 people, so when I used hotwire I typed in 4 star rating airport area, 4 people, and got mco hyatt. It did show the 4.5 rating. It was less than 60$.

I also got the Hyatt through hotwire last week. It was 69 plus tax. The second page did show the 4.5 star tripadvisor rating. I had been waiting for months for it to show up on hotwire, and it finally did a little over 3 weeks out for my dates.:)

I've booked MCO-area resorts via priceline many times. It often works out best for us to fly in Friday night, then head to WDW in the moring. I've always been happy with my hotel, but never gotten the Hyatt.

Thanks to the poster who advised looking at page 2 on Hotwire for TripAdvisor star rating. The 4* at MCO that had been listed for $185 was down to $69 today for 2/17 so I checked the second page, saw the 4.5* TA rating, and booked and got the Hyatt. You can't imagine how much stress this alleviates for me -- we have a 6:45 am flight and I am not a morning person and a big worrier.

Just wanted to say all the Hotwire advice is right on! :thumbsup2
We've gotten the Hyatt around 4 times now thru HW using the same advice. Funny thing is, when you just search for 2 adults, you get the Renaissance. When you enter 2 adults, 2 kids, you get the Hyatt.
Got it last Oct but it didn't show until 1 week before for our Fri night stay.

I like that with HW, you KNOW if you're getting the Hyatt. If I can't get it through HW, I'll use our Costco rate and also our Costco store sells $100 Hyatt gift cards for $80. That gets us a 'direct through Hyatt' price of $99 + tax. Not bad at all.

With PL, you just bid with no idea if the Hyatt is available at all. :confused:

If I can't get it through HW, I'll use our Costco rate and also our Costco store sells $100 Hyatt gift cards for $80. That gets us a 'direct through Hyatt' price of $99 + tax. Not bad at all.
Thanks for the Costco tip!

I've booked MCO-area resorts via priceline many times. It often works out best for us to fly in Friday night, then head to WDW in the moring. I've always been happy with my hotel, but never gotten the Hyatt.

This is exactly my experience, but I don't request 4* either. On Priceline, 2.5* hotels in the MCO area ALL have free breakfasts and free shuttle to/from MCO. Not bad for about $45! In addition they typically have a pool, fitness center,and free internet.

Thanks for the Costco tip!
sure. Just enter costco in the special offer code box. Brings the price down to $119 for most dates. Then another $20 off by using the gift card.
Great deal! Not quite as good as $54 on hotwire but still good. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter