Has anyone gotten an actual crib in their resort room?

MunchkinSweetPea

Mouseketeer
Has anyone requested and received an actual crib in their resort room instead of the pack'n'play? Which resort were you staying at and how did you go about making the request? What kind of crib was it? Pictures help. TIA

As far as I understand, Disney only has the pack-n-plays. For our upcoming trip ( Beach Club) my DSIL rented a crib from company called " a babies best friend". You can rent with or without the sheets. ( we will just bring some from home). We have a late arrival, so they are leaving the cribs (twins) at bell services, then upon check out we leave them again at bell services & they will pick them up. They are full sized cribs but fold somehow for transport.
Our boys will not sleep in pack-n-plays at all. Have tried. So these are a necessity for a good night sleep and non grumpy babies. lol
Hope this helps

Not sure if Disney has cribs (instead of pack'n'plays), but my cousin has used A Baby's Best Friend several times. They will deliver full size cribs, strollers, etc. to your resort. I used a similar company to this in Hawaii and the items that they delivered were nice and they were clean. Hope this helps!

Has anyone requested and received an actual crib in their resort room instead of the pack'n'play? Which resort were you staying at and how did you go about making the request? What kind of crib was it? Pictures help. TIA

If you want a standard sized crib, you have to order it from a third party. They'll deliver it to your resort, and bell services will bring it up to your room. We've done it twice. Each time I ordered a standard full size wooden crib. It comes with bedding but I always brought my own sheet. Worked out great, and our daughter slept like a dream. I'll find out from my TA which company we used.

Disney is phasing out (or has phased out by now) regular cribs in favor of the pack n play. There is some small chance that you could ask for a crib at check in and they would have one. But I would say it's a very small chance. I think you need to resign yourself to the pack n play or rent a crib as suggested above.

In the last 1.5 years, we have stayed at AKL Jambo House, AKL Kidani, and Grand Floridian, and we requested and received a crib at each one. They are standard "hotel" cribs that we have also had at hotels on non-Disney trips (white metal rails, smaller than a full-size crib, but bigger than a pack-n-play - plenty big enough for my 2.5 year old DD on our last trip).

We requested the crib on our first stay at Jambo house because the pack-n-play in our room was visibly dirty, and they brought one no problem. They gave us a bit of a hard time at Kidani when we called to request one (there was no pnp in our room, though they seemed to think we were making that up), but they eventually brought it. At GF, the bellman who took us to our room just asked if we wanted a crib without us even mentioning it, and had one sent up for us with no issue. Definitely ask if you want one - they do have them, though they will likely direct you to the pnp first. Just be polite but firm in wanting an actual crib.

Last edited:

In the last 1.5 years, we have stayed at AKL Jambo House, AKL Kidani, and Grand Floridian, and we requested and received a crib at each one. They are standard "hotel" cribs that we have also had at hotels on non-Disney trips (white metal rails, smaller than a full-size crib, but bigger than a pack-n-play - plenty big enough for my 2.5 year old DD on our last trip).

We requested the crib on our first stay at Jambo house because the pack-n-play in our room was visibly dirty, and they brought one no problem. They gave us a bit of a hard time at Kidani when we called to request one (there was no pnp in our room, though they seemed to think we were making that up), but they eventually brought it. At GF, the bellman who took us to our room just asked if we wanted a crib without us even mentioning it, and had one sent up for us with no issue. Definitely ask if you want one - they do have them, though they will likely direct you to the pnp first. Just be polite but firm in wanting an actual crib.

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to ask upon check in.

We stayed at the Yacht Club last August & as we were coming in from a mid afternoon swim the first day - a white hotel type crib & bedding were being delivered to the room across the hall. There was one in the hallway at WL to be picked up on one of our recent stays as well.

I'm guessing you'd need to make the request for one specifically or have it noted on your reservation.

I just answered this question that you posted on the family board, but I got a full size crib at CR this past April. It was standard size....seemed huge actually because our son was still only sleeping in a pack n play at home.

We requested it when we booked but had to ask again after we checked into our room. There was seemingly no issue getting the crib so I'm not so sure about the "phasing out" and it definitely was offered.

The crib was very clean though we used our own sheet due to our sons skin sensitivities.

As others have posted I received a real crib (white as described above) at the yacht Club in Nov 2013.

Our last two stays at the GF we requested and received a full size crib. We had enough space in a lagoon view room.

Stayed at Grand Floridian Villas in June and we were given a crib after we complained that the pack n play was lumpy.

Walking down the hallway at the Yacht Club I saw the bell staff (not a third person company) bringing a real crib to a room. There were no tags on it that would indicate it was rented, but I'm not 100% sure.

As far as I understand, Disney only has the pack-n-plays. For our upcoming trip ( Beach Club) my DSIL rented a crib from company called " a babies best friend". You can rent with or without the sheets. ( we will just bring some from home). We have a late arrival, so they are leaving the cribs (twins) at bell services, then upon check out we leave them again at bell services & they will pick them up. They are full sized cribs but fold somehow for transport.
Our boys will not sleep in pack-n-plays at all. Have tried. So these are a necessity for a good night sleep and non grumpy babies. lol
Hope this helps
So sorry to resurrect an old thread. We are looking into this same company to rent a full size crib for one of our rooms. I would love to know how it worked out with the cribs from "A babies best friend" at Beach Club (where we are staying) and if it fit. Thanks for any info!

We are staying at the Beach Club in December and the concierge (we are staying club level) indicated that we will not need to order full size cribs from a rental agency for our twin boys as they will have them there for us. I made it clear that the boys will not sleep in pack n plays and they reiterated it won't be a problem to get us full size cribs. Fingers crossed!

Tinkerbella16, it all worked out fine. The room that was assigned to my daughter appeared to be an accessible room, as it had a king bed & bars in the shower. The 2 cribs fit just fine. Not sure if 2 would fit well in a regular room.
Had just a bit of a mix-up. We got in late on our 1st night, the 2 cribs were actually set up in the room for them, with sheets ( we didn't order sheets). Upon further inspection the next day, they really didn't look like what was on the website for the rental, but didn't think much of it. Another day passed, and we were looking again at the cribs, and we pulled up the website- totally different cribs.
My son-in-law called Babies, and they described the cribs they had delivered. Not what we had in the room. So, to make a long story short, the cribs we ordered were still sitting down in bell services, and the hotel had provided cribs --after I had been told by 3 different cast members that the hotel ONLY had pack-n-plays.
While sorting this out at the front desk, I mentioned that I wish I had known this in advance, and been given the correct info, so we would not have wasted the money on the rental. They were very understanding and apologetic, and actually refunded us the cost of the rental for the mixup, which was totally unexpected but greatly appreciated.
I will be honest in saying though, that the rental ones did appear nicer, but the hotel ones were in good condition & were clean.
Just 1 crib should fit fine in a regular room with the 2 queen beds.
Hope this helps!! Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter