Has anyone gone to the crop at Kutztown University?

eeyore29

DIS Veteran Wanna-Be
Friends from work are trying to convince me to go...it's $50 and I want to make sure it's worth it, and find out what's included. I don't want to pay $50 just to get in & go shopping. Are there vendors? If so, are they pricey? Are there classes? If so, do I pay separately for them? Or do I just take my own belongings & work on my own thing with my friends/co-workers? Do we share items, or just ideas? What do you take with you & what do you leave at home? :confused3

With all these questions I'm sure it's quite obvious that I've never gone to a crop so I don't know what to expect. I can't find anything on the web but I may not be looking in the right places... :scratchin

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :thanks:

I've never heard of this one, but I asked on another board. They'd not heard of one actually at KU but gave me info on this one:
Mary Rose's Crop With Heart
Cost: $45
Date: Saturday, September 23, 2006
Contact info: cropwithheart@yahoo.com

As for what happens at a crop, I guess every one is different. The ones I have been to were sponsored by a consultant for one company or another, so their product was the only one available. Personally, I think that $45/$50 is too much to spend for a 1-day crop...even if they were supplying me with all the materials!

My club hosts a benefit crop every year- this year it's for the National MS Society in November.

We charge $25-$30 for our bennie crops ($25 this year), and that will include dinner (lunch is on your own). We don't include anything else (except cropping space and a good time!), but then, most of your fee will be donated to charity.

Just wanted to give a frame of reference (and a quick plug!)

I am registered for a crop at KU in October sponsored by Kinnons Keepsakes in Allentown. It is a benefit for Breast Cancer. They do several make and takes during the day, have supplies to purchase that they bring from the store, other fund raisers like bake sales and silent auctions, etc. I attended last year and got a LOT of scrapbooking done. Not sure if that is the crop you are referring to.

I think it is, but I've decided not to go...thanks for the info. $50 is just steep for my pocketbook even though it is a good cause. Have a good time!

groberaew said:
Not to be completely ignorant. But what is a crop ?

Don't feel ignorant...not everyone speaks fluent "Scrapper"! ;) It takes a while to learn all the terms used here. I've been reading this site for 5 years & still find terms or abbreviations that leave me :confused3

A crop is a scrapping event. They can be hosted by a single person or company (like a Creative Memories crop) or by a group of people with various companies represented.

People sign up to get a scrap area ( 4' is typical) and you drag all your stuff there so scrap with others. The hostess/es usually have product to buy - things you've left home - as well as some supplies you can use for free...such as a Sizzix machine & dies. They can be anywhere from an evening to a whole weekend. Usually there are goodie bags for signing up & door prizes/raffles.

It's a pain to pack everything, but I always have a lot of fun & get more done than if I'd stayed home. ;)

piratesmate said:
Don't feel ignorant...not everyone speaks fluent "Scrapper"! ;) It takes a while to learn all the terms used here. I've been reading this site for 5 years & still find terms or abbreviations that leave me :confused3

A crop is a scrapping event. They can be hosted by a single person or company (like a Creative Memories crop) or by a group of people with various companies represented.

People sign up to get a scrap area ( 4' is typical) and you drag all your stuff there so scrap with others. The hostess/es usually have product to buy - things you've left home - as well as some supplies you can use for free...such as a Sizzix machine & dies. They can be anywhere from an evening to a whole weekend. Usually there are goodie bags for signing up & door prizes/raffles.

It's a pain to pack everything, but I always have a lot of fun & get more done than if I'd stayed home. ;)

Thank You so much for the explanation. I'm assuming scrap is scrap booking ?

:rotfl2: I've never heard that term. I must be living under a rock . (Lifts rock and looks out)

Yup - that would be scrapbooking. ;) Well, if you hang around with the gals (and guy Fireplug ;) ) on this board long enough you'll not only learn lots of new terms, but find lots of new things on which to spend money! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

piratesmate said:
Yup - that would be scrapbooking. ;) Well, if you hang around with the gals (and guy Fireplug ;) ) on this board long enough you'll not only learn lots of new terms, but find lots of new things on which to spend money! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

WOW My first scrapbooking SHOUT OUT!

I'm not sure MRS FIREPLUG would let me go spend a day with a whole bunch of ladies.

Squid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter