• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone gone to HS on Memorial day ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gone to HS on Memorial day ? We are thinking of going in the evening arriving around 4:00. If you have been there that day how bad was it crowdwise ? I know it is also evening extra hours along with being a holiday :sad2:

I can't answer your question but we will be at DHS on Memorial Day. We plan to be there right at park opening and then take a break during the day then head back for dinner and EMH. I know it will be crowded but we will try to make the best of it :goodvibes.

It is also the 2nd weekend of Star Wars Weekends. It will be crowded and 4 seems too late IMO.

DHS over Memorial Day will be packed as it is also Star Wars Weekend. We are going and already have our ADRs and will book our FP+ when our window opens.

It is also the 2nd weekend of Star Wars Weekends. It will be crowded and 4 seems too late IMO.

DHS over Memorial Day will be packed as it is also Star Wars Weekend. We are going and already have our ADRs and will book our FP+ when our window opens.

Is SWW going on that Monday? That is when we are planning on going. I thought I read that it won't be going on then, just the Fri, Sat, and Sunday. If it is going on that Monday, then I may have to rethink our plans for that day, we were planning on staying away from SWW because of the crowds.

We go to DHS every year on Memorial Day. It is absolutely packed, shoulder to shoulder. We go on this day simply because we are sticklers for tradition and we began going there for Memorial Day before DHS started Star Wars Weekend. We still enjoy it, and IMO, a crowded day at Disney is better than no day at Disney.

We've only been to Disney on Memorial Day weekend once, and it was mostly for SWW. We spent Monday at TL and it was great. I don't know if Monday would be less crowded than another park since the SW crowd is gone, or more crowded by non-SW fan guests who waited to do that park until after the weekend? Or if ALL the parks would be crowded that day?? At any rate, I'd say arriving at 4 will prevent you from doing headliners without a huge wait, but if you don't mind doing other things, maybe a nice dinner at Brown Derby, then Fantasmic--that might be a good first day :)

Thanks all:) No Star Wars is not going on the Monday of memorial day. We may just go to Epcot :confused3

Thanks all:) No Star Wars is not going on the Monday of memorial day. We may just go to Epcot :confused3

Thank you, I was getting a little worried about that and even tried to see if we could switch out our DHS day but nothing else worked due to other plans so DH and I said that we will just make the best of it and take it slow, use our FP+, and leave the park if and when it gets too crowded.

Thank you, I was getting a little worried about that and even tried to see if we could switch out our DHS day but nothing else worked due to other plans so DH and I said that we will just make the best of it and take it slow, use our FP+, and leave the park if and when it gets too crowded.

Yes the fastpass + will help a little . At least you will get to ride 3 rides without to much wait. If you can go at park opening that will help too.

My bday is May 25th which is the Sunday of Memorial weekend...would love to spend my bday at WDW. Couple questions for those who have been.

so Monday would be the day to go to HS?

are the other parks on Sat and Sun crazy crowded? I try to go during slower times so while I have seen pics of xmas and spring break, I have never been there.

I think my game plan would be to arrive Sat at RD at AK and stand by ride what I can. Save my FP for the afternoon evening at Epcot. Spend Sunday my bday at MK. Maybe do the fireworks desserts party as a treat to myself? Go to RD on Mon at HS until 2-3pm to drive home.

How does that sound? Do able? Will I spend the weekend in crowds unable to walk feeling totally frustrated or is it not that bad?

My bday is May 25th which is the Sunday of Memorial weekend...would love to spend my bday at WDW. Couple questions for those who have been.

so Monday would be the day to go to HS?

are the other parks on Sat and Sun crazy crowded? I try to go during slower times so while I have seen pics of xmas and spring break, I have never been there.

I think my game plan would be to arrive Sat at RD at AK and stand by ride what I can. Save my FP for the afternoon evening at Epcot. Spend Sunday my bday at MK. Maybe do the fireworks desserts party as a treat to myself? Go to RD on Mon at HS until 2-3pm to drive home.

How does that sound? Do able? Will I spend the weekend in crowds unable to walk feeling totally frustrated or is it not that bad?

This site helps me a lot on deciding what to do. Scroll down to your dates http://www.easywdw.com/calendar/may-2014-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/#more-11967

I've been to WDW many times over Memorial Day weekend and I've never found it to be terribly crowded, except in DHS over the SW weekend. Monday should be fine. We usually spend Monday morning in the MK, and it's almost empty (partly bc it's usually open super late the night before).

Last summer I went June 7th-12th instead of Memorial Day weekend and June was MUCH busier than Memorial Day weekend. Even though I can only go Thursday night-Monday night, I'll stick with Memorial Day weekend from now on instead of June. FWIW, I always find Monday to be the last crowded day of the "weekend" because people like me have to fly home that day/night :)

I've been to WDW many times over Memorial Day weekend and I've never found it to be terribly crowded, except in DHS over the SW weekend. Monday should be fine. We usually spend Monday morning in the MK, and it's almost empty (partly bc it's usually open super late the night before).

Last summer I went June 7th-12th instead of Memorial Day weekend and June was MUCH busier than Memorial Day weekend. Even though I can only go Thursday night-Monday night, I'll stick with Memorial Day weekend from now on instead of June. FWIW, I always find Monday to be the last crowded day of the "weekend" because people like me have to fly home that day/night :)

Thanks for the info, I almost booked us for the first week in June but decided on last week in May.

Thank you for the info and your insight. This really set my mind at ease, I know it will be crowded, at least for us since we usually go at slow times of the year, and like I said before we plan on being there at RD, take it slow, use FP+, and take a midday break. I think we will be fine :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter