Has anyone gone to HH or VB in January?

Didney Daddy

Owner Beach Club Villas and SSR
Has anyone gone to Hilton Head or Vero Beach during January? Is it too cold to enjoy? Do the kids have a good time? What is there to do in the area?

Which is better between the two? Thank you,

I'd be interested in this too. I guess VB would be much more popular hence the points difference - 1 bedroom at VB in Jan 22 points, compared to HH 11 points. Is this just down to the weather or does HH island almost close up in January?

Weather in VB in January is much preferable to HH. That probably accounts for the point difference.

It's definitely not beach weather Jan. in HH. Sometimes it can get pretty cold for the south. It could be 40's or 50's--maybe 60's if you're lucky. It's probably good golfing weather, if you're into that.

This past Jan I was at VB. Water temps about 70. "bracing" is a good word for it. Never truely went swiming in the ocean, but one day we had really good air temps and could enjoy wading in up to the waist. The pool on the other hand was great!

HTH

My wife and I were there last Jan and it was cold and rainy pretty much the whole long weekend. It was so windy that you could only be outside for a short time. You might get bright warm and sunny weather but the rainy low 60s weather we got is also possible. I'm pretty sure it was very nice the week before and the week after we were there.

The average daily temperature in HH in January is 59. Water temp is usually around 52. Brrrrrrr. :goodvibes Average rainfall is 3 inches in January.

VB average daily temp is 61. (Don't have water temp.) Average rainfall is 2 inches in January.

I obtained this information for you by doing a quick internet search. :surfweb:

Doug Wolfe said:
I obtained this information for you by doing a quick internet search. :surfweb:

It was very kind of you and is, as you say easy to find, but I don't think that was the main point of the OP's question.

I'd still be pleased to hear from anyone who visits at that time (especially HH since Vero and surrounding areas will have plenty of 'snow birds' and winter is therefore a busy time) if everything on the island is open. I believe the OP was mostly interested in what there would be for his kids to do at that time.

To the OP - sorry if I'm misrepresenting you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter