• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone gone on a weekend SB retreat?

PaulaSue

<font color=purple>I have a purple car too and lov
This will be my first year going but approx the 5th year it has been going on with this group.

Any tips what to take to help make it more fun or what not to forget to bring along?

I am going to my second one, the first weekend in Dec. Last year it was held at a Circle Square Ranch and we slept in the lower bunk of bunk beds. They had spa tretments, goodie bags, prizes, a scrapbook store to buy stuff and all the food and snacks we wanted.Oh we even got a chocolate and paper back book on our bed at night time.
Go with plenty to do, I took huge zip locks organized with pictures, paper and stickers.

A number of us have done SDV- weekend events held at hotels.

I bring my pages/projects kitted up with everything in them that I need- so that I don't have to bring along my whole scraproom to work.

I will also bring a small sticky note pad- just in case I need something I left at home and it isn't avialable there - I will add a sticky note to the page with what I want to do- so I don't forget when I unpack.

Rebecca

I love weekend crops. You can get so much done! I usually plan for about 30 pages, but there is always something I forget to bring! The sticky pad idea is a great one, and one that I'm going to copy next time I go!
Something you might not think about is the chairs. I don't know where you will be, but sometimes the chairs aren't comfortable for weekend long sitting, so I usually will bring my padded desk chair with me. I'm just more comfortable that way.
I also bring my i-pod just in case I want a break from conversation.
Chapstick!
Wine!
Have Fun!

I love weekend crops, but I never ever get much done! Too much socializing, too much food, too much going on! If I took the time to prepare a bit more in advance, I'd probably get way more done.

Have fun!

Pre planning your pages is a must if you want to get pages done. I typically pick a single event like vacation to work on. It minimizes the amount of stuff you need to bring.
Make sure you bring your basic tools, the every day stuff you use. Also bring a good light, night time lighting can be a pain if you are in the wrong kind of building.
A pillow if you have back issues and comfy pajamas are a must have!

And goodies, snacks for the table, and your favorite drink or cup.

Have fun!!! Our Camp Crop is in March and I can't wait!!

Along with BAMB I am going to Camp Wannacrop at Cape Cod in March. I really think we need to speak with our host. I mean Disney Ontario got spa treatment when she went! :rotfl2: :confused3:lmao: I better be nice to our host, I am sleeping in her room this year! :thumbsup2

Last years Cape Crop was my first real one. Take small projects, easier to figure out what you need to bring. I worked on a swap last year. Made like 16 Dorothy and Totos. :scared1:

And like others have said, how much you get done depends on how much you gab! :rotfl: It is so much fun to get away with the girls once in a while. :woohoo:

Have a great time!

the one hting I didn't know when I wwent on my first one is that most people scrap in tehir PJs all day. Have fun!

We are supposed to get things done at a weekend getaway crop?! Who'd thunk. :confused3 :lmao: I am with Jennifer, gabbing, looking, and having fun is top on my list.

Dlbwright, we'll make sure you get a spa treatment at Camp Wannacrop. Were you looking for a mud facial? Cranberry bog treatment? Or a brisk sea salt rinse? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I better sleep with one eye open that weekend ;)

Comfy Clothes. At the one I go to most of us don't even bother with makeup and hair other than just being clean! And as someone said, you may find that some stay in PJ's all weekend. Pay attention to any information they send out and plan to participate in things they have planned. Ours has a fun gift exchange, swaps, and sometime classes.

I never worry about getting too much done--I am too busy laughing and talking! As my husband said, "You can always scrapbook at home-- you are there to have fun!"

I have been going to a weekend crop for the last 7 or 8 years with the same group of people. we changed places last year and it was a blast. I kitted my pages and got done about 60. We went to ocean city nj and we even took time to walk on the boardwalk. It was January but the weather wasn't too cold. I would have to say that kitting the pages made my scrapping time easier. I can't wait until my weekend

Thank you all~ I am going to have to doo that and ask about the PJs. Love my robe and slippers but wondering if walking through the hotel and going to Perkins in them might make a few looks.:rotfl:

Hello! I am pretty new to the disboards but not new to scrapbooking! Whenever I go out of town for a weekend crop (which is about twice a year), I try to organize!! I try to lay my photos with the paper, stickers, ribbon, etc. that I think I will use for that layout in a box- I also put an idea with it if I have one? I try to organize about 20 different layouts like this. So when I arrive, I get my box out and the first layout is there waiting for me. I get the cricut set up and go!! This helps reduce my packing greatly! I have discovered if I don't do this ahead of time I end up packing too much and I feel too overwhelmed so I talk instead- not accomplishing near as much! I am actually going out of town this weekend to crop and that is my goal tonight!

This will be my first year going but approx the 5th year it has been going on with this group.

Any tips what to take to help make it more fun or what not to forget to bring along?

Hi! I had to respond. I love going on weekend retreats and I try to go twice a year. I saw that you lived in PA and had to tell you that I go to the Cozy Crop House in Lititz. Do you know where that is? I was actually just there in October. I love their "hosted crops".

My best advice is to plan pages. I know some people hate making "page kits", but even taking the time to pick out paper and/or a sketch to go with the pictures you plan on working with will save a lot of time. Also, when I'm chatting and having fun, I like to take some of the "brain work" out of it, which is why I love having the paper chosen ahead of time.

I also just worked on a ton of Disney pages at the crop I attended! I love working on Disney at crops. pirate:

Thank you all~ I am going to have to doo that and ask about the PJs. Love my robe and slippers but wondering if walking through the hotel and going to Perkins in them might make a few looks.:rotfl:

Hi Saw you are from SC Pa,so am I,there is a crop weekend in Feb. .If you would like more info PM me,It will be my first scrap weekend retreat.

Bet we are going to the same one ;)

I know a few who go and have been wanting to go for years .

Hi again. Anyone here from Ontario,Canada? Zellers carry thier brand of zip locks that are huge with 12 to a pack. Each will hold 12 by 12 paper pluss alot more.I go the first week of Dec for my second retreat and with sooo much going on that I have not started to plan anything
But our two DD's 17 and 21 and I are haveing a us shopping day this Tuesday. I plan on buying ALOT of scrapbooking supplies.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter