Has anyone gone off Atkins to WW?

PamCo88

Finally going Back!!
I have been doing Atkins since 6/9. I have lost weight, but I don't feel like myself. I have never been so tired, so I want to stop doing Atkins and change to WW. I have done it before with success.

Has anyone switched off Atkins to another diet without gaining the weight back?

How interesting, my husband got more energy with Atkins than he's ever had before.

It just goes to show you that each person has different needs and nutritional plans work in different ways for everyone.

I have not switched from Atkins to WW but I believe there are a few WISHers who have done that. I'm sure they will have some advice for you.

<b>PamCo88</b> It's great to see you here on WISH. Are you going to be taking the challenge? I sure hope so, we could sure use you in our support group. The WISH support group is very helpful :)

Katholyn

Katholyn is right.

It just goes to show you that each person has different needs and nutritional plans work in different ways for everyone.

I always say that weight loss plans are like clothes, and you have to find one that fits you. :)

I also believe that any program will work as long as you stick to it exactly as prescribed. If you switch from Atkins to Weight Watchers, it might take your body some time to adjust. You may not see results right away, but stick with it and will work. Especially if you've had success with it before.

Good luck!!!!

It's only been 10 days since you started Atkins. You may still be going through severe carb/sugar withdrawl. I would give it more time. Atkins will actually give you so much energy - you won't know what to do with yourself! :)

You are still in induction too - but your 2 weeks will be over with next week, and you'll be able to start adding a few carbs. That might make you feel better too.

I think you should stick with it for a little bit. I went off Atkins and tried WW and it failed miserably! I was on WW for about 2 months, and I only lost 3 pounds, and felt horrible the whole time! WW allowed me to eat too much sugar (as long as I counted the points), and not enough fat. They stress low-fat products too much for me. That means more sugar, that my body was turning into fat! So, for me, WW does not work.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to stick with! Every body is different! :)

Pam...before you decide to "make the switch" let me ask one question...WHY did you pick Atkins in the first place? I mean to ask What was it that drew you to it and not to WW off the bat? That might be something you want to revisit before you switch too. I am not saying don't do it...I am just saying make sure that you are not looking for "the quick fix".

Please keep us updated on your decision. No matter what it is you have our support.

Tracy

Thanks for all the support.

The reason I chose to do Atkins this time was my Fiance is doing it (and his parents). We started on the same day. He had a juice and bagel addiction, me - just about everything - except meat, I could go without it for weeks. I have been tired since it started and those sugar withdrawl headaches keep coming back to bite me. I get them really bad in the afternoon. I told DF that I would try to do this with him for the 2 week induction. At this point, I thought I would be over the headaches. He is all full of energy and has cut back on the amount of food he eats. Its working great for him, but not well for me. So, I will stay with it until Monday, like I said I would, but I think I'm better off with WW for the long term. I can't see eating like this for life.

Thanks again for listening.

Any other thoughts?

are you taking any multivitamins?? I just started my husband on Atkins (I'm doing mostly lots of exercise and portion control) and he is a sugar junkie- can you say 5 tablespoons of sugar on his cereal, in his coffee, 5-6 sodas a day, candybars- it's amazing he only needs to lose 40 pounds! But his first 3 days were horrendous- bad headaches and weak- I made him take a Centrum multi and he does feel much better- just make sure you take it with a meal. And are you getting enough fresh veggies? Some make the mistake of just eating meat, cheese, & eggs- and by the end of induction ( hopefully just 2 weeks for ya) you can add nuts and strawberries which really helps in a slump mid-meals. Give it a full two weeks and see how you feel- if after taking vitamins and eating more veggies you still feel yucky then i would say change to WW. Let us know how it works!!
Tara

A long time ago, I tried Atkins and I did not do well either.

I yo-yo'd for many years and then March 11 this year I tried WW's. Before I started on it, I actually told people at work that if this diet did not work for me I was done dieting and I would just accept that I was to be fat for the rest of my life.

For me, I am doing fine and it is working and I feel the best I have felt in a long time. I agree with what Dan says you got to figure out what is best for you.

I am thinking tho if you are already thinking that you can't do this for the rest of your life it is probably not the best choice for you. And if WW worked before for you - you know it will work again.

Keep us updated as to what you plan to do and we will be here to support you!

i too felt tired the first two weeks. i also wasnt taking vitamins or drinking plenty of water. then during the 3rd week i started to feel better and by the 4th week felt great. i lost a whopping 20lbs in about a month right before my wedding. maybe try sticking with it a little longer and then change if you still feel yucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter