Has anyone flew into Sanford???

LAMPSKIES

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
I live in North West Indiana and I can fly out of Gary for 138.00 per person!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: .......I ALWAYS fly into Orlando but for that price I have to do it!!! We will be staying at Ron Jons the Friday before and Sat after......What about transportation?

Hi, our family of four flew in threw sanford this past February for our cruise. We absolutely thought this little airport was fabulous Although it is a little further than mco, we thought we actually saved time, both for the arrival, and the return, due to the actual size, and closer gates, no line up AT ALL for security.

We did our our transportation, since there is no disney through Sanford. My brain is blocked, with the name, I hope I remember it later. Works out actually cheaper this way, there are so many, and for a round trip, you do save.

Just wanted to add my two cents.:)

I would say get a car service or rental car. That would be your best bet.

I think you will enjoy the flight. We have flown from Gary to Sanford twice when Pan Am was flying this route and are planning to fly on SouthEast in November. We have driven to Gary and left our car both times with no problem. Check in at both places is much quicker than at Orlando, Midway or O'Hare airports and our luggage has always been ready quickly at both locations. I found the rental cars easier to deal with at Sanford then at Orlando.

Good Luck on your trip.

We just flew into Sanford for our recent WDW trip, not cruise. The airport is nice and small....none of the extensive lines you find at MCO. It was wonderful and you just can't beat the price!!! We flew Vacation Express and rented from Dollar for the week.

<i>Just wanted to add that I will be checking for flights into Sanford for all of our upcoming WDW trips and cruises.</i>

The only down side looks like the return flight on Sat. is at 9:00 am. I think I am going to book Friday before our sailing and stay at Ron Jons. Then go back to Ron Jons after our sailing Sat. and spend one last day before heading to the cold mid west. Maybe Ron Jons has some transportation ideas.........

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
The only down side looks like the return flight on Sat. is at 9:00 am. I think I am going to book Friday before our sailing and stay at Ron Jons. Then go back to Ron Jons after our sailing Sat. and spend one last day before heading to the cold mid west. Maybe Ron Jons has some transportation ideas.........

Is renting a car an option?

I'm glad to see this! We got airfare into Sanford from Toledo for $190 a person--quite a savings over the $235 I was getting when looking into MCO flights. Plus it's our first direct flight ever! The return flight leaves at 7:10 so we have some time to kill as well, DH wants to go to the space center.
We got 2 minivans going down (day before) from Hertz for the 11 of us, and 3 4 door cars (no vans available) the day our cruise returns going back to the airport. We are spending 7/2 at Ron Jons.
Robin M.

I called Ace luxury transportation and it is 150.00 each way for the 4 of us each way for a town car. The person I spoke with said Ron Jons will "take care" of the transportation to port........Sound right?

You would save BIG BUCKS by renting a car. Especially since Ron Jon only "takes care" of the transportation to the port for an additional fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter