Has anyone experienced the new Direct bus service to Hoop Dee Doo?

rcraw45425

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with
Just saw that this was to have started this week and the search function didn't pull up any results. Has anyone that's there this week seen the buses and had any experience? We're at the Contemporary Resort next month and have a dinner booked at HDDR. Thank you!

Just saw that this was to have started this week and the search function didn't pull up any results. Has anyone that's there this week seen the buses and had any experience? We're at the Contemporary Resort next month and have a dinner booked at HDDR. Thank you!
There is a boat that goes from the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. You could take that.

From the Contemporary, I'd definitely opt for the boat. It's a pleasant ride and the dock is pretty close to HDDR.

I think the OP is probably referring to this":
Walt Disney World is testing a direct bus route from the Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The test will take place from 4:00pm to 11:30pm daily for four weeks. Guests can use this route to get to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or Mickey’s Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness

I agree with the PPs that it would make more sense to just take the resort launch if you are at the resort. If you're leaving from MK, I'd still look at the lineup for the Ft. W launch, since you have to go by it to get to the buses anyway. If it looks like a launch is there, or just approaching, I'd opt for it, since it wouldn't be stopping at WL first.

My fear is that if enough people use the bus to MK they might stop having the boats at night. Without the boats, my feeling is the transportation at WL won't be that much better than a value/mod. I personally enjoy the evening boat rides, it gives you a chance to relax after the day, unlike being thrown around while standing on a bus.

I was there last week--did it start then? I felt like there were a lot less people waiting for the boat and I wondered why? I ate at Trail's End not Hoop but it was close to the 6:15 show. Then I was taking a boat back when people should have been arriving for the late show but very few arriving by boat. Previous trips it was almost full boats of people.

I appreciate the replies. We will probably be going from the hotel, always like to take a midday break. How much time should we allow from the resort if we take the launch?

I appreciate the replies. We will probably be going from the hotel, always like to take a midday break. How much time should we allow from the resort if we take the launch?
The boat ride itself is about fifteen minutes but you have to add some time for waiting for it. I would allow about 45 minutes to get to FW. You can spend some time exploring if you get there early.

There is a boat that goes from the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. You could take that.

From the Contemporary, I'd definitely opt for the boat. It's a pleasant ride and the dock is pretty close to HDDR.

The biggest problem with the boats is they can't handle the huge influx of people that get out of the show at the same time - hence the need for busses at those times. We have seen the waiting lines 'very' long for the boat, and it can only hold so many at one time.

For Yooperfan, never fear that the boats will stop running - Fort Wilderness depends on them.

The biggest problem with the boats is they can't handle the huge influx of people that get out of the show at the same time - hence the need for busses at those times. We have seen the waiting lines 'very' long for the boat, and it can only hold so many at one time.

For Yooperfan, never fear that the boats will stop running - Fort Wilderness depends on them.

I agree that the boat back to MK after the show is terrible because the line gets really long. The line is usually shorter for the CR/WL boat. They also run buses back to the resorts after the show, which might be a good way to go, too.

My fear is that if enough people use the bus to MK they might stop having the boats at night. Without the boats, my feeling is the transportation at WL won't be that much better than a value/mod. I personally enjoy the evening boat rides, it gives you a chance to relax after the day, unlike being thrown around while standing on a bus.

I don't think that will happen. They have boats and buses to DtD from POR and both are used frequently. I wouldn't worry :)

I agree that the boat back to MK after the show is terrible because the line gets really long. The line is usually shorter for the CR/WL boat. They also run buses back to the resorts after the show, which might be a good way to go, too.
They run buses back to all of the resorts after the show? I never knew this. Last year we had to take a bus to DTD to get back to POFQ. The bus system at FW is so confusing and I've gone to HDDR quite a few times. I never know exactly which bus to get on when we don't take the boats.

They run buses back to all of the resorts after the show? I never knew this. Last year we had to take a bus to DTD to get back to POFQ. The bus system at FW is so confusing and I've gone to HDDR quite a few times. I never know exactly which bus to get on when we don't take the boats.
I've read about the buses from HDDR to the resorts. I know they exist. But I thought those buses were only for the final HDDR dinner that begins at 8:30pm. If this new bus to/from MK to HDDR is successful, it would be much quicker/better than a bus from HDDR to the FW front depot, then bus to DTD, then bus to your resort.

'All' buses (yellow, orange/purple) run from the settlement area to the Outpost (where you catch buses to parks and DTD) and vice versa.

Only one bus runs from the Settlement/boat dock area back and forth to WL, but it is clearly marked.

Extra buses are usually in the same area after the Hoop de doo ends that will also take you back to your hotels - varies, so ask any driver.

What would be the best strategy if you're staying off property? October will be our first time doing HDDR or going to FW.
If you are staying off property, then the best place to park would be the closest you could park to Hoop Dee Doo, which would be the settlement area at Fort Wilderness. Then after the show, you can take a bus to the settlement area and walk to your car from there. I am not sure if there is a fee for parking there - I've always stayed on property and have not had to pay.

If you are staying off property, then the best place to park would be the closest you could park to Hoop Dee Doo, which would be the settlement area at Fort Wilderness. Then after the show, you can take a bus to the settlement area and walk to your car from there. I am not sure if there is a fee for parking there - I've always stayed on property and have not had to pay.
Want to make a correction. You cannot park at the Settlement Depot. Hoop Dee Doo is at the Settlement Depot. Car parking for Fort Wilderness, if you aren't a FW resort guest, is at the Outpost Depot, located near the front entry of Ft Wilderness. You take an internal Ft Wilderness bus from the Outpost Depot to HDDR and back after your meal.

Here's a map of Ft Wilderness showing HDDR & the Settlement Depot to the left, and Parking & Outpost Depot on the right. There are bus icons showing bus stops within the resort. Three different bus routes are shown by color: Yellow, Orange, Purple. They all take you to HDDR from the Outpost Depot.

If you wanted to go to the Chip & Dale Campfire Singalong, that is at the Meadows Depot. We scheduled the early HDDR show, then Chip & Dale after. Took the Yellow bus from HDDR to Chip & Dale, then Yellow bus to Outpost Depot (our car). Everybody loved our Ft Wilderness adventures.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

Want to make a correction. You cannot park at the Settlement Depot. Hoop Dee Doo is at the Settlement Depot. Car parking for Fort Wilderness, if you aren't a FW resort guest, is at the Outpost Depot, located near the front entry of Ft Wilderness. You take an internal Ft Wilderness bus from the Outpost Depot to HDDR and back after your meal.

Here's a map of Ft Wilderness showing HDDR & the Settlement Depot to the left, and Parking & Outpost Depot on the right. There are bus icons showing bus stops within the resort. Three different bus routes are shown by color: Yellow, Orange, Purple. They all take you to HDDR from the Outpost Depot.

If you wanted to go to the Chip & Dale Campfire Singalong, that is at the Meadows Depot. We scheduled the early HDDR show, then Chip & Dale after. Took the Yellow bus from HDDR to Chip & Dale, then Yellow bus to Outpost Depot (our car). Everybody loved our Ft Wilderness adventures.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm
Oops... yes this is correct. I knew you parked at the entrance of Fort Wilderness and then took a bus over - I just got confused on what that front entrance was called. But that is the closest place to park if not staying there and the busses are pretty easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter