has anyone ever upgraded their hotel after booking

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disprincess2213, Jul 22, 2014.

1. disprincess2213

disprincess2213 DIS Veteran

Just curious if anyone has ever done this and how did you go about doing it? What i mean as far as upgrading hotel is basically from value to moderate, or moderate to deluxe. Is it even possible? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

We've done it a couple times when they've released a good discount. Just call the main reservations line and make the switch. Easy as pie.

4. mirage0306

mirage0306 DIS Veteran

It's absolutely possible. You can switch pretty much at any time, and if you booked under a discount, may even be able to keep the discount. We booked under RO discounts last year at POP and AKL. Well, my husband had kidney stones a few weeks before we left and was afraid of being cooped up in a tiny POP room so two weeks before we left he said he wanted to switch so we upgraded to Poly CL. And were able to keep our discount. (He ended up being just fine, and we all LOVED the Poly!)

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As the pp said, it's very easy. As long as what you want to change to is available and you are not changing reservation types (going from RO to package and vice versa), your existing reservation can easily be modified. With that said, if you book RO, you may be required to pay an additional deposit, depending on how much of a deposit you originally paid. Since RO requires a deposit of 1 nights room rate + tax, if you only pay that minimum, a higher resort category is going to require a larger deposit, so you would have to pay the difference between the new room rate and what you paid. Packages require a $200 deposit regardless of the resort category you book, so no extra would be needed if you booked a package and upgraded.

6. rymahoney

rymahoney Mouseketeer

Does it mess up fastpass plus?

7. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I think you mean has anyone changed resorts after an initial booking. And the answer is - lots of people do it. Some do it multiple times for a given visit. :rolleyes:

All you have to do is phone the reservation line.

8. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Nope. FP+ are tied to your tickets, not your resort.

9. disprincess2213

wow thanks!! I booked a package with tickets and basic DDP. I am thinking of calling and asking!! thanks so much!!

10. Aurora0427

Aurora0427 DIS Veteran

They love it when you upgrade. Even if it's between deluxes. For example, we booked a BB offer in February at the Poly. Then changed it to the GF. We even changed dates. Got a great deal. However, a few years ago my husband booked us at the GF, then decided to switch to CR. They charged us a fee because we "downgraded" hotels.,... But upgrading... Piece of cake!

11. disprincess2213

LOL! is the best way to find the difference in price by calling? Or waiting to arrive and do it in person?

12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I would definitely call. If you wait until you arrive, it's very possible there won't be any availability to upgrade. And if you booked under any type of discount, you most likely will lose that discount.

13. Marlyn

Marlyn Earning My Ears

Yes, for my upcoming trip, I started at All Star Movies, upgraded to Port Orleans and then upgraded to Wilderness Lodge. Just call and change resorts. My TA looked after it all for me, but I'm sure all you do is call reservations.

14. jewels1916

jewels1916 DIS Veteran

I change my resorts after booking ALL THE TIME! I don't think I've ever stayed at the first resort I've booked. My next trip (1 month away!) was last minute so I thought I was safe. Nope! Even inside my 45 day window I changed today from Pop to POR!

15. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Yep ;):

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3299133