• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever tried to carry flip flops on rides at the water parks?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I really do not like water shoes and wonder if anyone has every carried their flip flops on the water slides and did it work out?

You will need both hands to hold onto the tube or raft. You CAN carry them in the family raft ride.

I wonder if I stick my wrest though the straps and wear them like a bracelet lol ?

You can also hold the strap and then hold onto the tube handle. This is what we plan on doing. We used water shoes previously and it was more of a pain to keep taking off and putting on the water shoes. We were not allowed to wear them on the body slides.

You can also hold the strap and then hold onto the tube handle. This is what we plan on doing. We used water shoes previously and it was more of a pain to keep taking off and putting on the water shoes. We were not allowed to wear them on the body slides.

Was this at Typhoon Lagoon? I wore sandals at Blizzard Beach last year and never took them off. I don't do Summit Plummet or Slush Gusher though. Everything else I recall at BB was a tube or mat slide.

I wore flip flops our two trips to Blizzard Beach. Never had a problem hanging onto them on the slides.

Martin

I always take thin rubber flipflops to the waterparks as I am a "tenderfoot". I just stuff them down the front of my one-piece swimsuit. I wear a ballcap too to keep the sun off my head. It gets stuffed down the suit, too. Looks funny...but who cares?

I usually wear my flip flops and just sit on them on the tube slides. Super easy and better than burning your feet on the hot ground!

Was this at Typhoon Lagoon? I wore sandals at Blizzard Beach last year and never took them off. I don't do Summit Plummet or Slush Gusher though. Everything else I recall at BB was a tube or mat slide.
It was both parks! Summit Plummet was one we had to take them off for at Blizzard Beach for sure.

I always take thin rubber flipflops to the waterparks as I am a "tenderfoot". I just stuff them down the front of my one-piece swimsuit. I wear a ballcap too to keep the sun off my head. It gets stuffed down the suit, too. Looks funny...but who cares?
I think I'd get in big trouble if I tried to stuff them down the front of my one piece swimsuit. Not to mention the major risk of the suit coming off. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter