Has anyone ever toured parks wearing Rothy’s shoes?

blewits

Wendy
I’m considering buying a pair of Rothy’s (with insert) and am wondering if they are also comfortable enough to withstand the rigors of park hopping. Lol. Anyone had success or failure with them?

Love my Rothy's - haven't used them in the parks but have used them for full days of walking and sightseeing in various cities. I should have followed the advice to buy 1/2 size larger than normal. It wasn't until after the return period that I decided they were a tad too short. A friend took them off my hands for a VERY favorable price and I re-ordered them a half size larger and they are perfect.

I love my three pairs, but there is no way I would put 20K steps a day on them. They are flats with no absolutely no structure or support. And I love that they are machine washable, but you trade that for breathability. You might have great luck in them, but they would not be my shoe of choice for serious walking. I haven't tried the sneaker, it might be more structured....

I have Rothy’s flats and sneakers. They are a snug fit and next time I will definitely buy one-half size larger than my normal size. A PP mentioned breathability and that would be my primary concern with wearing them in the parks on hot days.

It looks like they now have a sneaker with a lattice weave that might be more breathable. I’m thinking about purchasing them (one-half size larger) and would consider trying them in the parks.

I wear mine to the parks and Europe but I always do the best in a flat. I always alternate my shoes back and forth though. If I wear any shoes 2 days in a row on heavy walking days, I will start to get running. I have no issues with breathability but you should be concerned if they get wet. The insole is what will start smelling, even when you machine wash it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter