Has anyone ever renewed their vows?

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
DH and I are planning a cruise in November and we would love to renew our vows. We could do it on the ship but we are hoping that maybe we can do it on the beach in St. Martin or St. Thomas. We want just the two of us, the officiant and photographer.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share? I'm not even sure how to start.

I have no idea but I'm going to be paying attention because you just gave me inspiration. We are hoping to do a cruise in early '08 for R&R and that would be wonderful to celebrate a belated 5 year annv. Good luck, I hope you have a wonderful trip.

This is definitely something I would love to do someday...I don't see DH going for it though:guilty: ...Beautiful dress. It looks wonderful, all of it..Good Luck, and keep us posted:goodvibes

DH adamantly refuses to renew our vows. He figures he did it right the first time, so why do it again. He also thinks it is bad luck. My parents renewed their vows during my wedding ceremony, and were divorced 5 years later.

Denae

We did this for our 5th anniversary. You're on the right track. Call the person on the wedding website and ask if they do vow renewal packages. Sometimes they are even less expensive, since you aren't getting involved in obtaining a marriage license. Contact a few of the places and get pricing. The cruise line might even be able to tell you who will do this for you.

We renewed our our vows in 2002 in Maui for our 10 year anniversary. We had an officiant, a ukelele player and a photographer. It was right on the beach and beautiful! Afterward we had a catered meal for two at sunset in a spot where the resort had a little patio for the sunset dinner for 2. It was all awesome (except I had had way too many Mai Tai's that day! ;) ). We even got each other new matching rings. Oh, they also gave us the bride and groom lei's, they are different than what you normally see.

I haven't, but my parents did for their 40th anniversary last summer. It was really nice. They went to a small chapel in Orlando. My family and my brother's family were all there. My DD was the maid of honor, DS was ring bearer and DNeph was best man. DSIL and I were bawling (along with Mom and Dad). It was pretty emotional.

My DH and I are starting the planning for renewing our vows next Spring on our 10th anniversary. We are going out to Vegas with our best friends. There are so many options ~ it's overwhelming!!

Good luck with your planning! :goodvibes

I vote for the first dress!

OT? Are you supposed to renew on your anniversary? Ours is in June which is a terrible time of year to do Disney. I thought if we did a vow renewal at the Poly in February then I could always claim that as our new anniversary right? Then I could say that we need to go to the Poly to celebrate our anniversary every year. What do you guys think? Could I get away with telling the CMs it was our anniversary or would that be tacky?;)

i have always wanted to renew our vows!!!! dh and i have been married for 18years and i am still waiting for him to propose to me :rolleyes1 ....... see when we first got married he handed me the ring in alvins and said "here" so that is how he proposed...... i dont think he has a romantic bone in his body.... and 18 yrs later i talk about it but i think he is afraid this time ill say "NO".....:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter