• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever pulled this off? Ditching DH? LOL

Can't you kind of be with him part if the trip but have time apart?

If he likes to have is morning routine, let him have it. You will just be on the teacups with your child until he is done.

He wants to go to bed at 8? Ok, sleep well honey, we will be over on Main Street watching the parade.

Why don't you schedule a round of golf or parasailing while we tackle animal kingdom? We can meet for diner later.

Go sit by the pool, save us a lounge for when our am fast passes are done.

With technology today there is no reason ppl can't be apart at parks unlike years ago. Just plan time tighter and when the grump sets in, then it's time for him to have his time to relax.

Good luck

I agree with this.

I'm sure he wants to make memories with your 3 yr old, but what sort of memories is she going to have if the whole trip he's acting like a 3 yr old?

Tell him that he needs to put on his big boy underwear and to stop being the spoiled person in the family.

I say go for the split vacation. Enjoy your time with your friend, then let your husband join your vacation.

Jennifer

It's true, loving or not loving Disney has nothing to do with age. My DH just finished his 3rd Boston marathon, and he's 51. He is the picture of good health.

My teenager and I are going to WDW alone this summer because DH wants nothing to do with it. The first time we went was our honeymoon 21 years ago. DH didn't like it then, and it hasn't changed.

It took me awhile to accept that it really was better for everyone for him to just stay home. He was happier and so were we. And it's really just WDW, he's perfectly happy to spend a week doing Universal, Sea World, etc. He just doesn't like the Mouse.

OP -- I wish I had better advice for you. It sounds like you haven't been married for decades, so I will say this -- don't expect him to change, and don't accept anything you can't live with. If you really think he views you as more a nanny than a wife (and I understand there could be some hyperbole in your post), then you do need to make him hear you if that is not what you signed up for.

Maria :upsidedow

Hubby doesn't do DW. He says he will go when our son is older- like 6 or 7. He's now 2.

THat's fine by me because it saves us $$. I split the costs with my mom and it's really affordable! Tell your husband your plan and say 'either suck it up and come, or don't come'.

28 or 48- Im not putting up with whining or BS from anyone- especially my husband. Either put on a disney face, adjust and have FUN or stay HOME.

It amazes me that 2 people can be married, have a child, etc. and can't figure out how to take a family vacation together where everyone can be happy. But, I also can't imagine taking a vacation w/ all of my kids w/o my H b/c he's a "pain." Looks like a little give and take is in order on both sides.

tourguide81 said:
It amazes me that 2 people can be married, have a child, etc. and can't figure out how to take a family vacation together where everyone can be happy. But, I also can't imagine taking a vacation w/ all of my kids w/o my H b/c he's a "pain." Looks like a little give and take is in order on both sides.

Just as it amazes other ppl. that a grown adult couldn't fathom taking a vacation with their kids without the other parent. Different things work for different ppl. There are a number of reasons that 1 parent may take their kids on vacation without the other parent, doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just how it is.

Just as it amazes other ppl. that a grown adult couldn't fathom taking a vacation with their kids without the other parent. Different things work for different ppl. There are a number of reasons that 1 parent may take their kids on vacation without the other parent, doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just how it is.

I realize there are plenty of reasons it might work out that way - but in the OP's situation it seemed he wanted to go and doesn't want to miss out. That's not the same as it working out that way because of work or preference. He does sound hard to travel w/, which is why I said a little give is needed on both sides.

As I am reading all of this.... Please don't take this as being mean or rude.... Is there more to the picture, than him just not wanting you to take your DD on vacation with out him. When you read between the lines, there sounds like some underlying issues... well honestly you seem to need a break from him.

He seems to be acting like a spoiled brat, by saying he wants to go, then puts all these rules and restrictions to going, and wants everything his way, but states he doesn't want to miss anything, then is miserable the whole time your there, in turn making you miserable... and... just because your daughter is 3 doesn't mean she doesn't sense his attitude.

I am just speaking from the "been there done that" column. Got out and upgraded to what I need for a husband and father for my DD..

No matter what I hope things work out and you get to spend some one on one time with your DD.

Sending pixie dust your way pixiedust:

Im going without my DH in October. He is an introvert and hates crowds. I Finaly just said "would you care if I took the kids to Disney by myself" He said shure. 5 min later I was booking a trip. He is way grumpy

I'm sure if my DH had his way we would not do Disney so much, I know we love different things I'm mad on the parks not for the rides but the theming, MK is my fav. He will not do it on a budget, flying business and staying onsite shortens our visits to every other year albeit a 2 week vacation, however he loves the USA so I do the things he loves believe it or Home Depot driving and shopping. Travelling from the UK I would not do it in my own, unless he refused a visit. I do really want to do a Cruise and he won't :( so I'm doing a mini 3 night one with my Mum, so if it suits you both then I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever, have fun as I'm sure you will :)

I don't see any reason a parent couldn't take a trip with just the kids. However, I will agree with a few previous posters in saying I think you may have bigger problems going on than trying to convince your husband to let you take your daughter to WDW by yourself. Hope y'all can come to some sort of compromise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter