• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone ever ordered Thanksgiving Dinner from the Cracker Barrel?

allysmom1218

Mouseketeer
I am feeling very overwelmed this year so I thought about ordering our dinner from The Cracker Barrel this year and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with doing this? I am hoping that the food will be ok. I just really don't feel like xooking the big spread for everyone. Any help or input would be appreciated!! :thumbsup2

yea I was wondering too. We ate there the other day and picked up the brochure it looks and sounds pretty good.

Yep. We ordered last year for the first time, since it is just the 5 of us and the kids won't eat many of the traditional foods. The meal was pretty good. Certainly not what my grandma would have made, but good none the less, and DH is pretty picky about Thanksgiving. I just went yesterday and have ordered our meal for this year. We have to take DD to Shriners Hospital the day before, so won't have time to cook.

Oh yum.. Would it be OK to skip the turkey and have chicken and dumplings for Thanksgiving? I love, love, love their chicken and dumplings!!

We found the food to be 'okay'. Maybe we were expecting too much? :confused3 We enjoy eating at Cracker Barrel but were disappointed that the turkey was slices of a 'pressed' turkey roll, thinly sliced like sandwich meat. I have ordered a 'meal' from the local grocery store and been much more satisified with the quality.

I ordered a meal from Mimi's Cafe last Thanksgiving. We thought it was great! It came with a whole, cooked turkey that just needed to be heated for about 2 hours. I transferred the side dishes to oven or microwave safe dishes and heated them. It was so nice to spend the day watching the parades and hanging out with the family instead of peeling potatoes! Plus, clean up was a lot easier.

This year, I'm doing Christmas dinner at my house. I already checked with Mimi's and they will let me order the side dishes without the turkey. I'll be cooking a turkey breast for some people and salmon for the veggie people and adding the pre-cooked sides. Should make things easy!

We found the food to be 'okay'. Maybe we were expecting too much? :confused3 We enjoy eating at Cracker Barrel but were disappointed that the turkey was slices of a 'pressed' turkey roll, thinly sliced like sandwich meat. I have ordered a 'meal' from the local grocery store and been much more satisified with the quality.

Oh there is no excuse for that! That is just nasty! A company that bases its whole image on homestyle food should never serve pressed turkey on Thanksgiving! I'd go the grocery store route or Boston Market if you have one of those near you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter