has anyone ever NOT gotten a discount?

tiggerstail

Earning My Ears
after the codes are out, has anyone ever not gotten any discount? I have reserved a split stay at AKL and CR for 8 nights with dining, which without any discount will come to almost 7 thousand dollars!!? Makes me nervous with this economy to spend such an extravagant amount, even for my most favorite place on earth! :sad2:

On our first trip in 2007 being newbies the only discount we got was the water park fun and more upgrade which I believe also included free park hoppers. We didn't get to use the water park plus option but we did use the hopper. Since than we have gone back with free basic dining. A much better deal for us. Our first trip was in April though where as our others were in Sept. and December.

A discount will probably come along once you get closer to your trip. No telling how good it will be though.

Good luck.

I do not think I would visit WITHOUT a discount :lmao:
There is always something somewhere.....whether its on tix, room, food,
even though I can afford to do it ;)

I have never gone without a discount, but many times, the only one I got was AAA (which is not very much).

me ive never had a discount

We need to get you some type of discount...thats Nuts!!
Pixie Dust your way...
have you set up an account on the disney site? Ordered maps or a dvd? Called and Very politely asked if there is anything attached to your name???

You mean you never got in on a bounceback either???? Thats a shame....:confused:
Heres hoping that your next trip gets you some $$$ saved! :wizard:

I've never gone without a discount of some kind (except our first trip when I didn't know discounts existed!:eek:). I schedule our trips based on discounts. Our previous trips were 3 times in Sept with Free Dining, 1 time with a bounceback, 1 time in June with the 4/3 promo, 1 time with a Free Dining Pin in December and our upcoming trip is with a 40% off room only in August. :)

I do not think I would visit WITHOUT a discount :lmao:
There is always something somewhere.....whether its on tix, room, food,
even though I can afford to do it ;)

I agree. Knowing what I know now about Disney World I would not ever go back without a good discount. For our first trip we were very uneducated about discounts that Disney offers. Luckily I had found the Dis after our trip was booked so I was able to learn a good bit ahead of time to plan for a nice trip. That first trip we only had 3 months to plan it. Now I would take at least 6-9 months out to plan it. Heck I have already started planning our next trip and I do not even know when we are going back. LOL

after the codes are out, has anyone ever not gotten any discount? I have reserved a split stay at AKL and CR for 8 nights with dining, which without any discount will come to almost 7 thousand dollars!!? Makes me nervous with this economy to spend such an extravagant amount, even for my most favorite place on earth! :sad2:
I've never received a discount beyond what AAA offers off standard rack rates (which is still pretty decent). I don't want to sound rude when I say this - but I don't make vacation plans based on a wish for a future discount. I make my plans based on the pricing that I see today that I know I can afford, AND the vacation dates that work for my family. My husband can't take off whenever he wants, and I accept that - just as I know we can't bank on discounts that we may not get to afford the vacation we want (but can't afford without them).

Right now I'm comfortable knowing that I'm booked for the vacation I can afford (which does overlap mostly during value season), and the money for it is sitting in the bank. If I'm fortunate enough to get a pin code, I will apply it toward the vacation I already have planned, maybe spend a few dollars more on my trip, and probably put in a few more shrubs and things out back this summer.

I don't think the pp stated that they can't afford it full price, just that she can't see paying that much in this economy. A lot of people have become much more frugal with their money since the economy plummited. Nothing wrong with that.

I have never not gotten a discount, but we have always gone during non peak seasons. I am hoping for free dining. I originally booked at full price and was ready to pay it. Since then I switched to AAA for the small discount, then I got a 35% off pin code and I got a free water park and more code (but we were not adding those options, so no savings there, I kept the percent off one).

We have always used some sort of discount. We always have tickets of some sort at home (we like to have them so we know there is a trip in out future:wizard:) because of that we use AAA for a room only discount. In 2009 we did buy a rack rate package which gave us a $500 GC so I guess in a way that was a discount, it paid for all of our food (QS only) and we actually had to walk around Everything POP to try and spend the last $76.00 which was fun:cool1:

One way or another, we have always gotten a discount. There is always some kind of general public discount, pin code, bounceback offer, etc.

We didn't get a discount for our trip to Pop in Dec. 2008. There were codes out for our dates but I tried calling a number of times and the only way we could get the discount was to change to All Star Sports and we had our heart set on Pop so we kept what we had. We were going during value season so at least it was at the lowest rates even though we didn't get anything additional.

This is the first year I have ever used a discount for our trips, last year after our trip in March I recieved quite a few pin promos from Disney but was not planning another trip at the time so did not make use of them, before that our trips just never were during discount periods or I did not know about them , just found DIS this year , I never even used AAA discount and we have been members since the '72 , I have spent a fortune at Disney and so wish I had not listened to DH and had bought into the Vacation Club when it first started, many years ago , oh well such is life

We've been to WDW 18 times since 2001 and we've always gotten a discount. Even our first time we got a AAA discount. Since then we've gotten ap, general public and bounceback discounts. As much as we LOVE the place there's no way we'd go without a discount. Now we're DVC but we still add on days with cash and we still get discounts one way or another for our add on days.

I love playing a game to see what discount or pin will save me the most money :banana: If need be, I will call and modify my reservation for added money in my pocket :woohoo: For me, it just adds to the enjoyment of planning which can be half the fun :lmao:

I usually am able to get a discount, at the very least, my AAA discount. Also, I've used some excellent pin codes. Right now I'm already booked using AAA for the end of Aug., (I've gotten no Pin code for those dates) but am constantly checking for any way to get a discount.

I will respectfully disagree with the statement that there is always a discount available. There frequently is, especially lately, but not always. I am very WDW discount-aware, and have taken a trip when there was absolutely, positively no discount available for the resort category we wanted for the dates we wanted.

It was an unusual trip for us in that it was pretty last minute. We hadn't been planning a trip, but the opportunity to fit the trip into our schedule came up just two months ahead of time. This was absolutely the only time we could travel that year, and at that point there was not even a AAA rate room available much less a code or special offer. I even had my AAA agent checking for me, as well as checking by myself. So I either had to pay rack rate and get over it, and enjoy a great vacation, or I could refuse to go at full price and miss going to WDW for the year.

We chose to go enjoy ourselves, paying full rack rate for POFQ, and it was worth it.

What I absolutely will not do, though, is pay rack rate for a deluxe. That, I cannot justify. But that is just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter